[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple question, what quick and easy tips does anyone have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Jl1OCpG.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Jl1OCpG.gif
2 MB, 200x200
Simple question, what quick and easy tips does anyone have to make a cat like and feel comfortable with me quickly? I feel like making noises and rubbing thumb with fingers doesn't really help. Lol I'm out of ideas
>>
Do you have any Q-tips handy, OP?
>>
>>2084558
Any what
>>
>>2084561
Qtips. Cotton swabs.
>>
>>2084558
>>2084562
I don't like where this is going
>>
>>2084557
Just be chill and let it come to you, cats soon figure out who controls the food, and should start sucking up to you eventually. Could try keeping some treats handy, and if they aren't too skittish playing around with some toys. There's allways the possibility it will turn out to be an antisocial dick though, such are the joys of cats.
>>
>>2084557
Don't be pushy.
>>
I recently moved into a new place with a cat and she ignored me at first, but as soon as I gave her some ham from my sandwich she fell in love with me. Now she hangs out with me the most and is really loving to me even when I dont have food. Just find a treat the cat really enjoys.
>>
>>2084557

Let the cat see that you are doing things for it, but don't try and approach it. Like, make sure it sees you feeding it, or give it treats and then just leave it alone. The more you try and approach the cat, the more they will be sketched out by you.
>>
>>2084557
The problem here is "make". You are doomed to fail.
>>
There really isn't a quick solution. There are some things you can do to help it get used to you.

>Let it sniff you before you pick the cat up
>Put some toys out
>Let it sleep with your shirt in the bed
>Try to play with the cat more often
>>
Ignore the hell out of it. If you're staring at the cat you're challenging it and telling it that you don't trust it. Staring at your cat will just make it nervous and on edge. If your cat catches you staring at it, slowly blink your eyes and look away.
>>
Ignore it. Have you ever noticed that cats tend to go straight to the cat-hater in the room? It's because cats signal friendliness and good intent by sitting quietly, keeping their eyes politely averted and not invading personal space. The people approaching the cat and making noises and reaching out to it seem more suspicious and unfriendly than the person looking away and hoping it doesn't come this way.

Of course, cats get used to people and soon realise that you make noises all the time without any aggressive intent and that you sometimes approach it with your hand out and that only means you're going to pet it, but initially, be quiet, let the cat approach you and blink and look away when you make eye contact. That usually helps a cat to become comfortable sharing space with you, and they soon get nosy and start approaching of their own accord.
>>
>>2084557
Treats.
All the neighborhood cats like me, after throwing treats at them for three days. Now they'll all run up to me when I crouch down.
>inb4 autism
>>
>>2084557
Treats and slow blinking at them if making eye contact.
>>
>>2085532
What the fuck? Er no, I'm in my own fucking house I'll look where I like. What are you a fucking wuss? Do you ask your cat permission to take a piss? Jesus Christ, no wonder cats these days are jumped up little shits.
>>
>>2087167
You want to pet the cat or not?
>>
Have you tried shaking the hell out of it that always worked for me.
>>
>>2087167
Can't tell if you're being serious or not
>>
>>2085537
Op here. Well none of that has worked so far lol anyone else got anything or shall I just ignore this fucker and forget bothering being friendly with the spineless little shit. Seriously it's scared of its own shadow, not the most endearing cat I've ever met desu
>>
>>2087167
Cats aren't humans OP, don't be stupid. He doesn't think like a human. If you want to communicate with cat, one must understand cat language.

Or in other words, do a 5 minute google search on cat body language.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.