[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /an/ what's your stance on the import and inter-state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 8404036181_689a07c4a6_b.jpg (685 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
8404036181_689a07c4a6_b.jpg
685 KB, 1024x683
So /an/ what's your stance on the import and inter-state salamander ban in the US?

I'm european, but seeing that something like this might happen in the future here as well I'm highly interested in this.

I personally agree with the import ban, and oppose against the inter-state ban. As any murican here commented on the USFWS survey regarding it? If you didn't you are too late anyways, it is over now.

Pic related, a sexy salamander.
>>
I'm pissed off about it.
Theres no reason to have an interstate ban since afaik the disease doesn't exist in any us captive population. I can sort of understand the import ban, but they absolutely should be allowing tested animals to be imported. The disease is completely possible to test for so there's really no excuse for that.
>>
>>2082437

www.savethefrogs2.com/images/explore/threats/infectious-diseases/2016-03-13-save-the-frogs-comment-salamanders-usfws-lacey-act.pdf

The excuse from a pro is that there isn't any test with false negatives available for any disease. That whole rant is cherry picked as fuck though.

Do you yourself breed salamanders?
>>
>ban pet newts from trade to protect wild ones
>still destroy and pollute their natural environment
nice one amerilards
>>
>>2082442

Well, the disease in concern would decline any population, regardless of environmental health, very quickly. But indeed, if they do this but then don't act to protect what they still have is pointless. Which is a shame, the diversity of salamanders in the US is insane.
>>
Its just obama and his libshits destroying non institutional ownership of animals.
>>
I think it's great and I support it.
>>
>>2082826
To a full extent, including the inter-state ban? Why?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.