[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China building bigger, strong beagles through genetics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: en0313doanegmobeagles.jpg (23 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
en0313doanegmobeagles.jpg
23 KB, 620x350
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/genetic-modifying-of-beagles-a-controversial-practice-in-china/

>beagle

Why?
>>
>>2081069
Probably because they realized it's one of the more unhealthy breeds and it's one of the top 10 dogs people buy.
>>
>>2081069
>>2081080
Just read and listened to the video
>Scientists tell CBS News the idea is not to create designer pets, but rather to mimic diseases like Parkinson's in these dogs -- and then treat them in an effort to find a cure.
wtf?
>>
>>2081082
Beagles are incredibly popular as lab dogs because of how docile and tolerant they are. They are even bred specifically to be lab dogs.
>>
>>2081080
>one of the more unhealthy breeds
Except that's not true.
>>
they should be trying to perfect an already amazing dog, the pembroke welsh corgi
>>
>>2081069
This This This >>2081092

Beagles are like the number 1 lab dog
>>
I can't stand beagles.

Every single one one I've cared for in kennels has barked non stop and shat in the kennel every day.

All the beagles did this. Other dogs that did this were usually just a random individuals and not the whole breed, and tended to calm down after a while

The dogs were walked 3 times a day including an extra play time in the play field, so it's not like they never had time to shit outside.
>>
>>2081069
worst breed ever. I'm secretly disappointed every time I find her after she gets out.
>>
>>2081080
It's actually one of the healthiest breeds.

>>2081069
Probably because like 95% of research dogs are beagles.
>>
>>2081069
Why can't we genetically modify other breeds for health and longevity? Is it just too expensive and impractical? If you did take out all the unhealthy shit, it'd also be ethical to inbred them. After all, if there's no negative traits to be inherited/doubled up, there's no real reason why they couldn't inbreed them to hell.
>>2081082
Would you rather have your family die of disease or a few Chinese lab dogs? I'm thinking the dogs can go.
>>
OP just wanted this to evolve into another Chinese hate thread

I'm Asian and I like animals come at me
>>
>>2085743
>Why can't we genetically modify other breeds for health and longevity?
because both are primarily environmental, not genetic.
>>
>>2085765
Oh no one's questioning that Asians like animals. I bet you love dogs like I love pizza
>>
>>2085766
Yes, to a degree. But I was referring to breeds with a lot of known health issues, not just average mutts.
>>
>>2085866
the things you're calling "health issues" are actually just breed traits. most of them can't be weeded out without significantly changing the appearance of the breed.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.