[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Send help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: clown.png (259 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
clown.png
259 KB, 449x449
How many times do you give your cat/dog suppliments / vitamins? Do you give them more if theyre outdoor pets? Send help.
>>
like with humans, if they have a good quality diet, supplements aren't usually needed.
>>
>>2080284
I give my dog ginger before car rides so she doesn't hurl everywhere.

She also gets Green Vibrance in her food a few times a week. I bought it for my smoothies but I heard it's good for dogs too.
>>
My dog only stays in the backyard which is medium size. I never give him any vitamins, I don't think he needs them, he looks very healthy. And the neighbours who let their dogs roam on the street probably don't give supplimens to their dogs either, yet the doggies live many years.
>>
>>2080284
Lots of people give their dogs salmon oil. It's pretty pricey though and I dunno if there are studies showing that it's actually beneficial.
>>
The treat paste I give to my cat has additional vitamins but the amounts she gets are minuscule. She gets most of her vitamins from her diet.
>>
>>2080682
Fish oil is the only supplement a healthy dog needs, assuming the dog is on a high-quality balanced diet. Also probiotics, especially if a dog has ever been on antibiotics.
>>
>>2080725
My dog has been on antibiotics. What's a good probiotic brand? Could I give her some of mine? I assume dog gut bacteria is different from human.
>>
>>2080728
Like with people, it's hard to know which strains your dog actually needs, so it's best to go for a wide-spectrum probiotic with many different strains in high quantities. I personally use Dr. Ohhira's. Answers raw goat milk is another good option.
>>
>>2080735
This is why they eat poop.
>>
File: obersten-omega-3.jpg (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
obersten-omega-3.jpg
55 KB, 800x800
I give my dog omega 3 fish oil.
>>
I'm only currently giving our new puppy vitamins (multivitamins + extra vitamin C) upon the vet's advice since she's behind on her vaccination schedule because her previous owner fell sick.

Once she catches up with the vaccines, we'll be stopping the vitamins since she's supposed to get all the nutrients she needs from the food.

I guess vitamins are only needed when adjusting/recovering from a stressful situation like a move, sickness, or injury. It's always best to ask a vet first on the type, frequency, and dosage of vitamins.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.