[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something wrong with having your dog sleep in a crate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: black_wire_dog_crate.jpg (193 KB, 550x423) Image search: [Google]
black_wire_dog_crate.jpg
193 KB, 550x423
Is there something wrong with having your dog sleep in a crate at night, /an/?

I've noticed some people on other boards react with hostility towards seeing a dog crate in someone's house
>>
>>2080178
When my dog was a puppy (1-3 months old), she used to sleep in her cage and honestly, she really liked it. We used to ask her to go to sleep and she would go in her cage by herself. When she got older, we removed the cage's door and she would still go to her cage by herself.
We got rid of it once she was too big for it.

So I would say cages are fine for baby dogs because they feel more secure in them, but if they become a disciplinary mesure, I doubt they'd be a a good idea.
>>
europeans hate them
stupid americans misuse them
there is nothing wrong with them.. i think dogs should be crate trained for emergencies regardless if you plan on using it regularly

i gave my aunt a crate for her dogs but she decided it was cruel and instead pays for them to stay in a kennel when she's at work.. in a crate.. retard
>>
>>2080178
Depends on the circumstances. If you crate your dog at night, that's fine. If you crate your dog at night and then crate it for 8 hours while you're at work, that's excessive.

I personally don't crate train, but I know it can be a positive for many dogs. If you have the crate open during the day, I know a lot of dogs that consider their crate their "safe space" and hang out in there voluntarily.
>>
I put my puppy in a crate when he sleeps during the day, and in a small bed during the night. I used to think crates are inhumane, but I think while the puppy isn't a huge fan of it, he at least finds it a good secure place to sleep.
>>
>>2080178
I have always had a crate for my dog. The door says open, it has her bedding in it. It is used as her "safe place". If we have a bunch of people over, or rambunctious kids, she can go in it to escape the bullshit. Sometimes she will sleep in it at night, but she usually gets in my bed.
>>
>>2080178
My puppy is almost 8 months old and when no one is home he gets put in their. I leave it open at night and he usually chooses to sleep in their. If you use crates properly it gives the dogs a safe secure area that belongs to them
>>
I think crate training is beneficial if it's done correctly. It gives them their own space to sleep if you have guests over that are uncomfortable with dogs or you just need to know exactly where your dog is when you're sleeping. It also helps teach them to be comfortable with being confined which is absolutely essential if you ever need to board your dog for any length of time.

My dog has free run of the house all day but is crated at night and during longer car rides.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.