[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just adopted this dog yesterday afternoon and despite taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-6335905351338460212.jpg (404 KB, 1440x2413) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6335905351338460212.jpg
404 KB, 1440x2413
I just adopted this dog yesterday afternoon and despite taking her out to the bathroom like 12 times in the course of time she still has not peed or pooed and I gave her as much water as she wants and fed her last night.. last night I gated her in the kitchen and this morning there's no sign of poop or pee, took her out and she still do don't want to do anything. she's been recently spayed and judging by her teeth probably a year old.. she's a good girl so far never pulls on the leash and she's very submissive. I think she's a black German shepherd mix
>>
so is this normal for them not to pee? it's been like 19 hours
>>
if you can't afford to go to the vet you can't afford a dog

give her back to the shelter or wherever you got her so she can be rehomed with someone who can take care of a dog
>>
>>2080124
she came with a free vet visit.... so what your saying is I should take her to the vet? she's just sleeping next to the bed right now I'm watching her all the time to make sure she doesint pee. I just want her to do it outside. I've just never had a dog that held it in for so damn long
>>
take her a walk nigger
>>
>>2080122
they didn't feed or give water to my puppy on the day I adopted him because they didn't want him to make a mess at the petsmart where they were holding the adoption event.

your dog is adjusting to a new life. give her some time. my dog pooped only after two days. he peed in the evening.
>>
Yeah, go for a walk.

When you take her out, are you letting her roam around or are you trying to get her to pee right away? Let her roam and sniff and get comfortable and she'll pee eventually. If not, go to the vet tomorrow. I'd give it one more day if she doesn't seem like she's bothered or in pain.
>>
>>2080124
what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>2080148
>>2080139
I have been taking her for walks around literally every hour. I can't let her off leash. walked her to the park the afternoon we brought her home and I just literally went for a walk and still nothing lol. I have work at 2pm so I'm hoping she goes in the next 5 hours
>>
>>2080122
Take her for a walk. She might also be stressed. But try to go for a walk before jumping to any conclusions.
>>
>>2080151

You don't have a backyard I'm guessing?
>>
>>2080151
my dog holds it forever

he had to get an xray a while back and the vet was shocked at his giant bladder
>>
>>2080122
When it rains my dog refuses to go outside. She will hold on for more than 36 hours sometimes. I wouldn't be concerned until the next day.
>>
I live in an apartment one bedroom. the outside has nice pathways and lots of grass and other dogs poop and pee there and she's sniffing it but idk. I guess I'll just wait. she's sleeping next to me on the floor and whenever she gets up I always take her out because I'm trying for her to learn. she was found as a stray so I have no idea if she's potty trained. she seems to know what the leash means but maybe she's just smart. she was also pretty scared when I first met her and she seemed like she had abuse done to her because she cringes when you lift your hand too suddenly but she's really sweet and she comes when called.
>>
>>2080122
Has she chewed/eaten anything?

It looks like you left some trash on the floor next to the trash can. If she's eaten something from the floor she could be obstructed.
>>
>>2080166
nah we cleaned everything up before we put her in for the night and I've been watching her like a hawk to see if she chews or eats stuff which she hasint
>>
What have you fed her? If she has only eaten meat/protein based food she might just be constipated. My dog didn't shit for 2 days when I ran out of dog biscuits (his source of fiber) and he only had ground beef patties to eat for 24 hours.
>>
Shit OP i thought you were in my house taking pictures of my dog from the thumbnail
>>
For right now just monitor and keep doing what you're doing. It's common for dogs to be nervous and hold it when they first come home. Continue taking him out, and praise/treat him when he does go. If he still goes all day tomorrow, though, get him to the vet just to rule out any health issues.
>>
File: Snapchat-6448457954250069397.jpg (299 KB, 1440x2413) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6448457954250069397.jpg
299 KB, 1440x2413
thanks for the replys. I'm at work right now and apparently she still hasint gone my bf is watching her.
>>
She's prob fine. When I first got my puppy she was too overwhelmed to go to the bathroom. Eventually she calmed down and went. Maybe try to play with her outside to loosen her up and make her comfortable and she'll go
>>
She could be anxious about the new surroundings, thus refusing to poop or pee. I guess you should expect accidents indoors for the first few days since she hasn't adapted to her new home and elimination schedule yet.
>>
>>2080122

Smells trigger many behaviours in dogs, so take her somewhere that other dogs have peed and pooped - she'll soon get it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.