[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with this fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
This is my brother's 6 year old goldfish . His scales are falling off and he's been bashing himself into the tank. My brother already did a fungal treatment which is why the water is so blue/green. Anyone know what's wrong?
>>
>>2079681
everything
>>
Jesus that needs put down
>>
>>2079681
Take it to the vet
>>
>>2079681
Why is it always the owner's sibling and never the owner asking these questions?
>>
>>2079700
because everyone seems to have a sibling that can't fucking take care of their own pets
>>
>>2079681
Autism
>>
>>2079698
They're poor as fuck with a baby so I don't think they'll take it to the vet.
>>
>>2079700
My brother doesn't use 4chin
>>
>>2079695
Why do you say that?
>>
>>2079856
It looks like fucking death.
Can you give us more info.
Setup
feeding
Do you have an air stone
and when did you get it

also try feeding it a pea
ive heard they can help with sickness
>>
>>2079681

Most humane way to put down a fish is to get a large cooking pot, put it full of water and boil it. Once the water boils just drop in the fish and it dies instantly without feeling a thing.
>>
>>2079681
How the fuck did this fish get so fucked?
>>
>>2080219
>without feeling a thing
Fish don't feel pain
>>
Christ that tank looks fucking horrible. I am guessing that through years (or months) of neglect it's a combination of problems. It looks like it has fin rot, possibly pineconing, bloat good god your brother is a shit owner.
>>
>>2080279
He said he cleans the tank monthly
>>2079927
There was aquarium decorations but he just took them out to kill any parasites I think. He put a fungal treatment in which is why the tank is an odd color, the water was clear before the treatment. There's 5 other fish, 4 gold fish and one of those sucker fish things. They are fed nightly. They have that bubble machine thing and a filter too. Sorry I don't know what these things are called, I don't have fish personally
>>
>>2080364
How large is the tank
if its 4 other goldfish i almost am positive thats youre issue too much bio load
>>
What are the water parameters?

What is the fish getting fed, and how often?

What is the tank size and filtration?

>>2079695

Most likely not. Its clearly sick but could almost certainly get better given proper water conditions.
>>
>>2080364
>here's 5 other fish, 4 gold fish and one of those sucker fish things.

triggered
>>
File: r089380925yu381274.jpg (42 KB, 725x489) Image search: [Google]
r089380925yu381274.jpg
42 KB, 725x489
>>2079681
>anchor worm
>open sores from the anchor worms
>fin rot
>possible underfeeding or the fish doesn't want to eat in this state
>might have had a fungus in the past
These are just my guess based on what you gave us.
What is the size of the tank that you have him in?

What you need to do is perform a 50% water change, including cleaning the gravel (not hard at all), get a strong air pump from Walmart that cost about $10 and an air stone(s), set all that up in the water, and treat the water everyday with whatever fungal cure tablet you're using.
Don't forget to do a 25%-20% water change everyday as well.
Just keep this up until he shows signs of improving.
As long as you follow these steps, which aren't all that hard, you shouldn't have much to worry about. Goldfish are hardy as hell and it takes quite a lot of effort to kill them but that doesn't mean that they're not suffering.
>>
>>2080364
>Monthly

Yeah, he needs to perform at least a 25% water change every week...and I would probably do *at least* two per week with that tank. Considering there seems to be little to nothing and it is not planted, your talking minutes per water change.
>>
What the fuck has your sibling done to that goldfish?
My goldfish is 12 years old now, it's been through some shit and it's still going strong
Like literally, while cleaning the tank once it got dropped in the shitter, which had just been bleached
It is strong as fuck and it's swam in bleach, that goldfish have been through hell and back. Just put it down, it doesn't deserve the suffering.
>>
>>2079681
Could be a wide range of different parasites
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.