[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here own a fennec? What's it like. or any fox. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: fennec-fox-hole.jpg (818 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fennec-fox-hole.jpg
818 KB, 1600x900
Anyone here own a fennec? What's it like. or any fox. I've read this can be done and the best candidates are the Silver, Red, and Fennec.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yIgG6sw_k
>>
>>2077516

That screeching they do is incredibly loud too. They do it constantly when they're excited.
>>
>>2077550
>>2077516
Believe it or not I view this as a positive thing
>>
>>2077550
Sounds like my little brother.
>>
File: 1455337806510.jpg (13 KB, 247x243) Image search: [Google]
1455337806510.jpg
13 KB, 247x243
>>2077515

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ovMsFXMg

this thing makes me wanna kill myself, and kill that thing btw.
>>
>>2078527
>>2077516
I don't mind the sound and there's already enough barking dogs my main concern is the smell some of these sites insist they have but some don't and thus why I wanted to see if anyone had one to back this up.
>>
What the fuck is the point of exotic pets?
>>
>>2078550
Special snowflakes
>>
>>2078527
why would anyone want this horrible screeching dograt
>>
they are constantly running around and hyperactive as fuck.

on youtube, you do not see the times that they are being incredibly destructive and wrecking everything.

They are wild animals, not pets. I have only seen them being kept well when the person keeping them has a large purpose built enclosure and isn't treating them like a pet chihuahua.

Just get a dog.

If you really feel the need to special and 'cool' then at least get a domesticated fox from that russian experiment.
>>
>>2078779

Fucking this.

I never understood the appeal of exotic pets. When the novelty wears off, and it WILL wear off, you're stuck with a shitty pet.
>>
>>2077515
They aren't house pets, they would need to be in an enclosure and unless you have an insulated separate garage or shed, you'd have to live in the right climate. A lot of people think they can be house pets like cats and dogs, but they will accidentally kill themselves in a house, or simply destroy it.
>>
>>2078550
Some of them can be really enjoyable to live with, and a few species really enjoys human company.
I used to have a tiger , it was still like a kitten even when 5 years old
>>
>>2078892
>When novelty wears off
Anon it will never wear off if you dont get a hyperactive pet like a Fennec
>>
>>2078933
Eh, I dunno. I've seen people get rid of sugar gliders within 2 weeks of getting them.
>>
>>2078935
>Sugar Gliders
Nigga fuck those, that is like the worst idea for an exotic pet
You never get something that likes to either jump too much or glide around.
They are the strongest recipe for destruction
>>
>>2078931

Yeeeeeah sure buddy.
>>
majority of people can't even look after a dog properly, how will they managed an exotic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.