[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seaworld scum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 410.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
410.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
The killer whales need freedom, just like our internet needs freedom. Not enough has been done, so hopefully Seaworld will soon crash. Tired of the bullshit from executives.
>>
File: image.png (192 KB, 480x289) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192 KB, 480x289
>>2053975
>killer whales need freedom, just like our internet needs freedom
>>
>>2053975

Then we can free all our cats, chickens, dogs, birds, fish, reptiles, hamsters, cows, etc. They're all just caged animals, after all.

Also, whales are adept at living in tanks. All animals without advanced thought are. The same as a clownfish in a 20 gallon aquarium. They don't have a lot of 'deep thought' going on about their plight. Their deepest thought is "oh, its getting light, that means I eat soon"

Fucking hippies, man.
>>
>>2054094

>All animals without advanced thought are

Wow.

You are functionally retarded.
>>
>>2054119

It's /an/. What do you expect to find here?

This is the dumbest board on 4chan.
>>
>>2054094
Even "simple" animals like canaries develop pathologic behavior caged.
>>
>>2054120
>It's /an/. What do you expect to find here?

/an/ is a mix 2 people
1.) Those that think animals are animals.
2.) Those that think animals are humans.

That's it. What information you add or take away is based on what category you fit in. Everyone else is (of course) a liar, an idiot, or a troll.

It's like /pol/ but the pictures aren't as funny.
>>
>>2054094
How do you define "advanced thought," and how can you prove that these mammals do not posses it?
>>
>>2054327
it's not necessary for him to prove orcas don't have it.

it's been repeatedly proven that they do.

among other tests, they pass the mirror test, making them one of the top ten most intelligent animals species on the planet.
>>
>>2054134
More like
1.)Those that have two categories for animals: humans and the rest

Also don't forget
3.)Those that sort all animals, humans included, in different categories based on their cognitive abilitys

In my opinion they could keep them captive but make sure they have a few cubic kilometers of room which is rich in variety. Add toys, don't push them to perform and don't seperate them.
>>
>>2054356
>cognitive abilitys
oh the irony.
>>
Seaworld is fucking awful. Putting people in tanks with orcas is retarded and trying to cover up their mistakes is pathetic.
I don't think zoos are inherently wrong, but who over the age of 5 even wants to see animals perform tricks? Let them have space, let them have an environment that's natural to them.
>>
>>2054011
Pic related-That movie fucking rocked!
>>
>>2054359

He never said he was as smart as a whale/pig/dog/dolphin/raven
>>
File: 1439289305963.png (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439289305963.png
51 KB, 512x512
>>2054134
>implying humans aren't animals

m8.
>>
I enjoy going to the Busch gardens chain of theme parks but yeah the whale shows are fucked up. They don't need to be shut down but given a major overhaul, teach more about conservation and add more aquariums.
>>
>>2055229
that isn't what he said.
>>
>>2054345

ants have passed the mirror test, it means jack shit
>>
>>2054361
>who over the age of 5 even wants to see animals perform tricks?
You're vastly overestimating the average Amerifat anon, I should know considering I live in the worst part, the south.
>>
>>2056006
>living in the south
My condolences, fellow American.
Hope youre not in Alabama or Mississippi.
>>
File: orca.png (75 KB, 190x145) Image search: [Google]
orca.png
75 KB, 190x145
>>2053975
>sympathising with literal sea monsters
>>
>>2057099
It's Georgia, so I guess it's not too awful in comparison
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.