[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
baggage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 100847-280x200.jpg (16 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
100847-280x200.jpg
16 KB, 280x200
What is with this meme that shelter dogs have a ton of baggage? People are acting like if you don't get a puppy, you're being cucked by taking care of some other person's dog. I'm seeing it everywhere, and novice owners who aren't ready for a puppy or families that would do better with a senior animal are going to breeders because they don't want to be some beta cuck because of this meme.
>>
wait, you think people want puppies not because they're cuter, more fun, and live longer than an adult dog, but because of a cuck meme?
>>
>>2036410
I see everyone telling people not to get dogs and even puppies at shelters because of the baggage meme. Obviously, not every single person thinks that way, but I see this spreading on social media, in the workplace, even at shelters like wild fire. People will always have their reasons to go to a breeder, but now more people who may have considered a shelter before are being told that all shelter dogs are shit and to go elsewhere.

I'm not suggesting baggage is the sole reason why every person goes to a breeder, just that it hurts what would have been good potential homes for dogs.
>>
>>2036407
They probably think, why would someone get rid of a perfectly good dog unless something is wrong with it.
>>
>>2036419
>>2036413

I thought the three main reasons for surrendering were landlord, moving, and financial. None of those leave the dog at fault
>>
>>2036413
Breeders in general aren't necessarily the problem, but BYB and the people who want the puppies are. People are so impatient and they want the puppy NOW. My ex boss and his wife decided to get a puppy for their kids and it went down like this.
>"we'll adopt a puppy!"
>"what do you mean we have to wait? why cant we just go pick it up now?"
>"first they want us to wait and now its $200 for a dog no one wants? if they wanted dogs to be adopted, they should be free. we'll just go to a breeder."
>"now THEY want us to wait until they're 8 weeks old, not happening."
>bought a 'labradoodle' from a puppy store that has been opening and closing under different names for the past 10 years
>had some sort of dick infection that she didn't notice until she already had the dog in her car
>drove it right back and traded it in for a german shepherd
>german shepherd that is very big, very mean, neurotic, no yard to run in, didn't get walked, but did receive 'training' classes by some guy spewing cesar millan shit. even the trainer gave up on the dog and they got rid of it and couldn't understand what went wrong

>>2036433
Dogs are toys and property to people, anon. The same family I just complained about once put their two expensive siamese cats in a shelter because they renovated their house, and the cats did not 'match the colors well' and 'stood out too much against the furniture'. I can just go fucking on about those people because the amount of cats, dogs, birds, etc they go through is insane. Its not that they can't afford them, they could probably afford a tiger - animals are just a novelty to them and its true for a lot of people. Tired of your old dog? Just get rid of it and get a new puppy.
>>
they likely live in shitty areas which = shitty owners = shitty dogs. go to a decent area and the difference is drastic. I've worked a shelter in SoCal and two in Oregon. the difference was unbelievable
>>
>>2036407
Simple psychology, OP.
It's just simple psychology.
Pick up a book some time, maybe even a comic.

>>2036495
>>2036501
>>2036505
>>2036514
>>2036515
>>2036516
>>2036519
>>
>>2036522
sorry I just got lightheaded from that pretentious stink coming from you
>>
>>2036538
It's okay, not everybody has the intelligence to handle it.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 350x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 350x311
I had a friend in high school whose parents bought puppies for their kids and never trained them. Once they got tired of it, they rotated it out for another puppy. This happened at least 3 times. They also had a parrot that was constantly bored because no one ever played with it.

On another note, when do the shelters typically start flooding with unwanted Christmas puppies? I'm looking to adopt a dog pretty soon.
>>
>hurr durr cucks

Did you put in this completely inapplicable word just to get attention OP?
>>
>>2036658
this thread is actually much closer to the traditional meaning than whatever you're thinking of.
>>
>>2036663
If you are referring to the actual behaviour of Cuckoos then no its not like that at all.

Unless you want to equate getting a second hand dog with raising someone else's kid which is just silly.
>>
>>2036664
>If you are referring to the actual behaviour of Cuckoos
nope
>Unless you want to equate getting a second hand dog with raising someone else's kid which is just silly.
dogs are similar to kids.
>>
>>2036667
No, they really aren't.

Stop trying to twist things to justify using the idiotic cuck meme.
>>
I had a rescue dog and he had a lot of emotional trauma. We also didn't know what age he was so he died after only having him for a few days. Our new dog is from a breeder and he is a wimp and ungrateful because he doesn't know that there's anything bad in the world. He's cute though
>>
>>2036692
If a shelter can't even give you an age, it's probably a glorified hoarder and not a 501(c)3 organization. A dog shouldn't die days after adopting, especially if it looked relatively healthy at the time of adoption, unless it was an accident or fluke.
>>
another thing is that a lot of people are pussies who think a dog who isn't 100% potty trained or might chew stuff has "emotional baggage", because most people who think in terms like that already have the idea every dog needs to be completely perfect to NOT be fucked up. it's like wanting an easily already trained pet but not being willing to put the work in. doesnt matter where you go, shelter, rescue, breeder, or craigslist. 95% of dogs arent going to just be easy mode from day one
>>
Rescue/Shelter pets are grateful pets. They understand that the world is totally craptastic and then someone comes along and yanks them out of the bad place and gives them love and affection and food and a warm place to sleep and lot of playtime. Instead best pet ever. There's still some training involved, but that animal already has the mindset that you are the awesome person that rescued them. Training suddenly becomes much easier.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.