[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEED URGENT HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_83.png (267 KB, 496x289) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_83.png
267 KB, 496x289
So i just cleaned my goldfish tnak and did a larger than usual water change. And it fucked up my tanks eco system long story short i have a sarsa comet breathing extrememly heavily and not moving at all. I currently have him in another more established tank with an airstone next to him. What do im wiling to do anything
>pic unrelated
>>
>>2036117
How big is the tank? Do you have a filter?
How big of a water change? Water parameters?

You gotta give more details than that man.
>>
>>2036121
Youre all going to fucking hate me
>20 gallon
>Yes
>75%
>No idea
>>
>>2036121
its late he died
>>
>>2036124
>water parameters
>no idea
lol
>>
>>2036117
shouldn't have killed your fish. time frame between water change and death? if you use an unusual dechlorinator and use too much it can drastically drop the O2 level. I doubt you had that one. If you used drastically colder water you might have problems. buy some test kits ammonia, ph, nitrite and nitrate. its hard hard to seriously help people without test result. even then if you really know what you are doing but need someone who is some fish expert help they are going to want to know the test results too. sorry for your loss. my best guess is you didn't use dechorinator.
>>
>>2036216
A chlorinator isn't necessary. I haven't lost a fish in 10 years. But it is nice to have so they won't get sick in the mean time the chlorine is evaporating.
>>
>>2036232
oh man probably the late 80's everyone i knew just filled a trashcan and left it in the sun the day before. but then can chloramines. and everyone got scared into buying a new product. I have become convinced its necessary. I have seen no information to the contrary.
>>
>>2036473
I've lost a lot of fish to chloramines.
Last place I lived used a lot in the water, I had to get dechlorinator specifically for chloramines.
>>
>>2036124
>>No idea
>>2036162
This is exactly why your fish died. You don't know anything about aquarium keeping.
>>
Yeah man you just throw the fish in the water and that's all there is. Remember, 1 inch of fish per gallon!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.