[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /an/, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an Assyrian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: anatolianShep1.jpg (38 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
anatolianShep1.jpg
38 KB, 450x300
hey /an/, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an Assyrian shepherd in az. preferably near the west valley. I have an Assyrian friend that has been searching for a month now and doesn't seem to have any luck. was hoping you guys could help. pic related the closest thing I could find to an Assyrian shepherd.
>>
I'm finding zero info on these dogs. Even Assyrian mastiff just brings up ancient dogs. Do you mean a boz shepherd or a kangal?
>>
>>2033756
Unfortunately that's why I was hoping you guys knew. The closest thing I could find was an Anatolian shepherd. But she specifically said Assyrian shepherd and she mentioned that they were hard to describe look wise.
>>
>>2033674
i think they're extinct
>>
>>2033674
Just looked it up, it's also known as the Anatolian shepherd.
Probably renamed somewhere down the line. That should help make looking for info a lot easier.
>>
>>2033994
Everything I'm reading about them is that they aren't even around anymore, but that they gave rise to other mastiff breeds You're looking for an extinct dog.

If she's from a different country, then thats what the breed(or possibly multiple breeds) are called in her country. You should be looking for molosser breeds from the middle east but I think she is most liking referring to a kangal, boz shepherd or anatolian shepherd. They are derived from ancient molossers around there.
>>
>>2034503
>>2034541

Oh well thanks for all the help I'll let her know.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.