[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when an animal's been killed by a car? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1415547325816.jpg (213 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1415547325816.jpg
213 KB, 887x900
What do you do when an animal's been killed by a car? I was visiting some family today, and when I was leaving, I noticed there was a lump on the road that hadn't been there a few hours ago. I was pretty sure it was a dead cat. So about a mile down the road, I decided to turn around, get out of my car, and pick it's body off the road with a grocery bag I had lying around. I left it sitting on the ground next to the sidewalk. It was pretty late at night, but should I have left a message at my local animal control center about it? It didn't seem right to just leave it's body in the road, but leaving it near the sidewalk without calling for proper disposal seemed like it'd be really unsettling to pedestrians.

Or should I have just left it there?
>>
It doesn't matter unless it's not actually dead, or is something large enough to be a hazard to vehicles.
>>
>>2025093
You are better off leaving it in the road for the scavengers or other carrion animals to deal with it. You just left it in a bag by the road? Why did you even fuck with it to begin with you silly faggot?
>>
>>2025109
>leave it on the road so more animals get hit trying to eat it

Moving it off the road is fine and should be encouraged, honestly.
Putting it in a bag is weird though. Now people will think someone is killing cats and dumping them.
>>
you should've notified animal control. they send the city to pick it up and take it to whatever shelter they have a contract with to intake their strays. they'll examine the animal and put up a found report and scan for a microchip. if an owner comes forward to claim the body, cool. if not they'll do a communal cremation with the million other dead cats that people leave around
>>
>>2025113
>so other animals get hit
Such is life for a fucking buzzard. They deal with it. I still stand by my original statement, he should have left it alone.
>>
>>2025093
If I didn't hit it, I would have left it. Mainly so whoever a cat it is might see and and know its dead instead of searching and hoping.
>>
>>2025093
>grocery bag
>I left it sitting on the ground next to the sidewalk
I feel like this is the equivalent of littering.
>>2025114
This.
>>
You are brave, i accidentally hit a goose on a foggy day and did not bother moving it onto the median however it didnt occur to me that i should. Thanks for having the decency
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.