[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would it cost for: >vital/organ check to ensure dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1447812242573.jpg (66 KB, 236x210) Image search: [Google]
1447812242573.jpg
66 KB, 236x210
How much would it cost for:
>vital/organ check to ensure dog (85lbs) can handle anesthesia/surgery
>removal of damaged eye
?
>>
>>2023436

It varies.

Ring various vets and get a few quotes. Then look into care credit if needs be/PDSA if you're UK based.
>>
>>2023442
Everything I've heard about care credit is shit.
>>
>>2023457
JESUS CHRIST
>>
Be cautious friend, I heard some vets hold your pet hostage if you can't afford the payments. Be sure to get that quote in writing before handing over custody of your beloved to this severely unregulated industry. I would GUESS blood work on an animal couldn't be that different from a humans, and would cost about the same. I needed a clearance for anesthesia surgery the other day and was calling around for quotes, I would guess a basic 4-lab chem test could range anywhere from $100-$300 depending on where you are and who you see. I could be dead wrong though, I did pay $25 since I have health insurance. But the urgent care centers I called before that wanted to charge 90-150 for the visit alone without insurance, in addition to what the lab charges. Good luck anon, I vote for eyepatch honestly. You could dress it up as a pirate or secret agent for Halloween...
>>
>>2023462
Ophthalmologist isn't sure what it is, but it's not glaucoma. It's not painful and he can still close it, but its definitely unsightly and has steadily increased in size over the year.
>>
>>2023457

I'm afraid I'm a UK-fag, so haven't a clue about care credit, but I know its bounced around a lot- hence why I suggested it.

But seriously, ring around and get a few quotes.
>>
Where I work we just listen to the heart and if the animal has a heart murmur over a grade 4, sometimes 5, the animal won't go under anesthesia. Then again, we don't deal with people's pets, we deal with homeless animals that no one would care about if they died.

How old is your dog?
>>
>>2023457
How is that not painful? It looks like it's eye is swelling out of his skull. It's also red and irritated. Kind of looks like what I'll puppies are born with
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.