[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Implying humanity isn't the source of all the worlds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: feelsbadman.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
>Implying humanity isn't the source of all the worlds problems

seriously though, we either need to become more responsible, or we should all perish. for the good of the beautiful creatures we share this planet with.
>>
>>2023206
You can perish if you want, no skin off my nose. But if you come anywhere near me with that theory, I'll make sure to perish you much faster than you planned.
>>
>>2023206
do Mother Nature a favor and kill yourself first.
>>
>>2023220
edgy/10

I even said I would rather treat nature with more respect, and live more responsibly.

learn to read
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (98 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
98 KB, 500x306
>>2023224
>I even said I would rather treat nature with more respect, and live more responsibly.
sorry, that's just not enough to make a real difference

You really ought to kill yourself in order to maximize the sparing of precious resources such as food, water, space and money that goes into keeping alive your useless life that will always damage the environment as long as you breathe. Really, it's quite rational and reasonable to hang yourself.
>>
not worth arguing about, you autistic knuckleheads.
humans WILL self-destruct, just look around you; no one gives a fuck about maintaining balance, this is why the world can't get along and attacks each other. Just be glad you're the last generation that had any fun at all.
>>
You can thank the baby boomers for any and all things wrong with the earth and society today.
>>
>>2023206
>for the good of the beautiful creatures
there is no beauty without humans to see it.
>>
>>2023206
>hates humanity for destroying "beautiful mother nature"
>actually anthropomorphises Earth as a female human(OP pic extremely related)
As much as I hate this Gaia bullshit, I'm thinking of astarting collecting these pictures ironically. Is there any website or anything that holds a massive collection?
>>
>>2023718

Yes, there is. Do you really think things don't exist if we don't?
>>
>>2023732
that kind of complex subjective value doesn't exist if we don't.

there aren't any other animals that are capable of it.
>>
>>2023697
With this mentality we sure will

just kill yourself
>>
Eh just wipe out The Chinks and The indians
>>
We have been for decades. It's mostly China lagging behind polluting and eating endangered species
>>
>>2023785

The truth hurts.
But getting rid of 4 billion people overnight would do wonders. Send some First Worlders into the then empty China and watch those factories meet their "lofty" environmental goals in a week.
>>
>>2023805
>people
Indians are literally shitting whenever they please and causing unsanitary environmental problems, chinese people probably breath carbon monoxide, so they don't mind the pollution.

Remove curry and rice.
>>
File: oUmleJX.png (753 KB, 1366x1372) Image search: [Google]
oUmleJX.png
753 KB, 1366x1372
>>2023869
relevant
>>
>>2023718
>>2023738
>nothing is of worth if i don't acknowledge it
damn, you're narcisstic.
>>
>>2023882
I thought anons were discussing beauty. How did you end up with being worth anything?

Either way, there's literally 0 things that are worth anything. That's nihilism for ya.
>>
>>2023882
value is a human concept.

if we're not there to attach subjective value to it, then it has none.
>>
>>2023732
>Do you really think things don't exist if we don't?
physics and philosophy tend to both agree that a thing not observed doesn't exist.
>>
>>2023896
>philosophy
Vulgar pop-philosophy and idealism, perhaps. Don't try to trick us into believing that there is a philosophical consensus on anything.
>>
Be the change that you wish to see in the world. There's little else you can do, but to inspire people.
>>
>>2023899
there's no consensus on how to deal with the problem, but there's no doubt the problem exists.

lately science treats the past much like the future - in cases where it can't be observed, it's treated as if it took every possible path.
>>
File: Biosphere.jpg (118 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
Biosphere.jpg
118 KB, 700x524
>>2023899

>philosphers don't agree on anything
Haha, not too far from the truth.

>>2023903

It treats it as such as to avoid people jumping to conclusions and making baseless assumptions. No physicist truly believes the moon isn't there if no one is looking at it, as Einstein put it best. They just simply don't assert a claim without evidence. Spooky action at a distance in quantum mechanics like observational influence in the double slit experiment is hardly enough to support such a claim as the one you are making.

>>2023206

OP, I feel for you and your cause but this idea that we need to die for the sake of the environment stems from the same state of mind that put us in such a mess. The state of mind that considers us somehow separate from nature. We are shaped by our world and we are the world. This is by no means an attempt to relinquish responsibility but it does provide perspective on how to attack problems from a different angle. We are getting better and surely there will be better days ahead where our descendants will look on this period as we look on slavery in our history.

Keep fighting the good fight against all odds. It's what makes us, like all life on this planet, alive.
>>
File: 1439511607932.jpg (42 KB, 540x552) Image search: [Google]
1439511607932.jpg
42 KB, 540x552
I find this excessive hubris deeply offending. Whom is to say why we were born into this world and what part it is we have to play. Perhaps it is our intrinsic destiny to reduce biodiversity. Possible we are to carry the essence of our home to the stars. Maybe it is as George Carlin said we our sole purpose was to be transitive medium that produces a substance the earth wanted, plastic.

Regardless, it is unforgivably arrogant to believe that if the world has a will, that we are somehow so powerful that we can defy it. Life on earth will not die out because of us, it may change, but that is all.

tl;dr gaia faggots are retarded
>>
>>2023791
>It's mostly China lagging behind
the one child policy is the greatest piece of environmental legislation ever.
>>
>>2023206
Implying a supervolcano couldn't do more damage then we have since our inception in an instant.

>implying falling space rocks haven't already.

Only humans could be so arrogant to think that they are so important to the earth.
>>
>>2024060
>No physicist truly believes the moon isn't there if no one is looking at it,
you mistake what observation means in physics.

not surprising.
>>
>>2024074
this is true.
>>
we are overpopulated, if we fix this, everything will be fine.
>>
>>2024087
So what?
>hurr durr theres no need to care about the environment guys since a giant meteor could slam into the earth and make things extinct anyway
>>
>>2024091

It's cool, I'm open for conversation instead of scoffing one-liners. Please, educate me. I am honestly interested and maybe the two of us can elaborate on where we had our misunderstanding.
>>
>>2024087
explosive volcanoes haven't caused a single extinction that we know of. Massive slow volcanoes like the Deccan Traps and the Siberian Traps might have, but there's no way to know that for sure.

the number of known species that have gone extinct due to meteors is still less than the number killed off by humans.

We are literally more destructive than supervolcanoes and meteor impacts, and we're just getting started.
>>
>>2024147
anything that produces an observable effect is observed.

I did not personally observe Jurassic dinosaurs, but I have observed their effects. In my universe they exist because I have observed them. To some extent they exist in your universe as well since my observation of them has now had an effect on your understanding.
>>
>>2023206
What part of nature made you expect life to be fair?
>>
>>2024151

Alright then, no disagreement. My comment was in response to this:

>>2023896
>physics and philosophy tend to both agree that a thing not observed doesn't exist.

Now if you are said poster, thank you for clarifying because based on that post alone, I just wanted to clarify what you have just stated.

Thanks!
>>
>>2024169
np, I was just trying to be brief.

and I do appreciate critical examination of what I say. I learn from the discussion as often as not.
>>
>>2024182

Of course, thank you for bearing with me. I know it's hard to tell who is being genuine and honest or trolling and arrogant in a text based anonymous forum. Take care!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.