[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We had to put our family dog we had for 10 years to sleep a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: my dog.jpg (547 KB, 1392x1045) Image search: [Google]
my dog.jpg
547 KB, 1392x1045
We had to put our family dog we had for 10 years to sleep a few days ago and it doesn't feel that different. I'm such an asshole. Has this happened to anyone else?

A few days ago we put my 15 year old beagle to sleep after he entered organ failure. I was sad the day of, and actually cried (well, more like teared up that night after I saw his collar with his nametag on it

But nothing really feels that different now that it's a few days after his death. Given that he was a beagle he was already pretty low energy, and the past year or two with his age, basically all he did was sleep. He would rarely even want to go on walks. His life basically consisted of waking up, using the bathroom, eating, then sleeping for the rest of the day. Used to love jumping on couches to sleep but couldn't even do that anymore with his age + arthritis.

I actually almost feel relieved that he is gone because for the past few years he has also regularly used the bathroom in the house, seemingly out of boredom, so a lot of times I would come home to a piss and shit-stench filled house since it had been on pads on the floor all day.

It just almost doesn't feel like anything is different with him gone, and I just feel horrible feeling this way

Pic related, it was taken a number of years ago. My parents have no recent pictures.
>>
See, even looking at this picture as I posted this makes me feel sad and about to cry again, but it's like unless I see a direct reminder of him, I haven't even thought about it, and this is only 2 days after hes gone. In a month I'll probably forget that he even existed...
>>
Why are you even writing this.
Feeling guilty because you dont miss him enough is retarded.
>>
>>2023189
>for the past few years he has also regularly used the bathroom in the house, seemingly out of boredom, so a lot of times I would come home to a piss and shit-stench filled house

you're relieved that he's gone because you don't come home to that anymore ie. a burden has been lifted. you love him and miss him, but you're more happy that you can live your life without worrying about the shit to come home to.

in my opinion that's completely normal.
>>
File: 1027.jpg (9 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1027.jpg
9 KB, 200x193
>>2023237

I second this.

My condolences for your loss, OP. My bunny, who's been my friend for the past 6 1/2 years, died yesterday. I cried like a bitch twice today and I wish to eventually overcome the death of my beloved friend in the few following days. I guess it's up to me.

Fortunately, he died of a heart attack, so he didn't suffered much. However, when rabbits die this way, they empty themselves quickly. So tomorrow I'm going to give him a last shower before his little improvised burial.

Do you think getting another pet may help me cope with it? I don't intend to replace him, that'd be pretty retarded, also I know for sure he was a one of a kind. I rather seek to give some love to a completely new creature in order to occupy my mind and throw some emotional weights away.
>>
>>2024953
IMO u should give yourself some time to yourself.

I think it's really impulsive to get a pet right away after another pet dies.
>>
>>2025025

Thanks for the advice.

Indeed, if I take some time for myself, I'll be able to be in a better condition to get a new lil' buddy. I'll do that.
>>
>>2025025
This. Give more time to yourself, anon. Getting a new pet after the death of one can often make the pain worse. Trust me, I know that pain.
>>
>>2023189
Imo you should feel lucky you aren't feeling the overwhelming sadness that an attached owner feels. You put your dog down at an acceptable time in his life before shit really started hitting the fan. Also this >>2025025.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.