[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you get rid of fleas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0
How the fuck do you get rid of fleas?
>>
Consistent treatments and good flea meds. Ask the vet for recommended medicines+house cleansing powders and/or treatments.

You are going to gave to battle them for a while,so the best place to ask is a vets office or the humane society and NOT brush off what they have to say. Fleas are nasty buggers and hard to get rid of.
>>
>>321327985
Bed bug fag here.
Kill me
>>
My dog succumbed to the fleas. I tried to fight them, but I didn't do enough. Please don't let this happen to your pet.
>>
>>2023451
We were fighting them for a long time too. There were just too many for too long.
>>
>>2023453
Pets might not always know your love, but they do know suffering from parasites. If they can't know your love, at least let them not know suffering.
>>
Try diatomaceous earth
>>
>spray EVERYTHING with poison
>EVERYTHING
>bug bomb everything
>vacuum everything
>do it again every week or so
>keep doing it
>don't stop
>they might still come back
>>
>>2023472

This. The lifespan of a flea is rather long for an insect of their size, their eggs can lay dormant for a year, and it can compound if the pet keeps bringing fleas in. Slacking off on routine vacuuming can get you right back where you started.

Make sure you're getting under the furniture as well, since the larvae prefer dark environments, and watch the pet's feces for worms since fleas can lead to tapeworms.
>>
>>2022617

Fucking fleas... Glad that's over with. Do these in order.

1. Treat your yard so there are no live fleas to re-infest your pet. Or else all your efforts will be in vain... Refrain from walking them in tall grassy areas and parks if you can.

2. Take your sheets, pet bed cover, anything washable and stick it in the washing machine preferably on it's highest heat setting as to kill larvae/eggs. Use Borax ($2 a box at the market) with your load as it also kills larvae and eggs, dust your carpets with it too if you don't have hard flooring. It couldn't hurt to use a couple of those gas-bombs while you're at it.

3. Do this meanwhile the washing machine and gas bombs are hard at work: Fill up a vat of lukewarm water, preferably with some skin soothing elements such as oatmeal. Put your pet in while trying not to submerge their head (as ears are easily infected when wet.) Once they're submerged, do NOT let them jump out for at LEAST 15 minutes... Not even for a second, as the fleas will gasp for air in that second. This will literally drown the fleas, do not use those chemical baths as they are caustic and unnecessary. You will immediately see fleas climbing up their neck and running towards their ears for safety, try to pinch them off and drop them in the water if you can. They will also try to crawl up your pets ass to avoid drowning, so don't be afraid to rub that anus a little too.

4. Take your pet out and dry them, and throw a flea collar on. Pour out the vat try to count the dead fleas as they wash down the drain, as you probably won't be able to. The first time I did it, it was insane... I didn't know how my dog had any blood left in him.

5. If all else fails, grab some K-9 Advantix, or better yet some SimpleGuard 3 and dose your pet PROPERLY. Do not put this stuff on cats as it will kill them. And only use it as a last resort, because that shit's literally poison you're putting on your beloved and it gave my dog a lump on his neck I think.

Goodluck
>>
>>2022617
shower more often, you filthy pig
>>
>>2023531

Pigs don't get fleas, you bonehead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.