[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're a vegan or vegetarian, do you think that all carnivores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1449921682128.jpg (16 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1449921682128.jpg
16 KB, 550x535
If you're a vegan or vegetarian, do you think that all carnivores should be eradicated and made extinct on earth?
I say this because it would end animal suffering, and no animal ever again would need to feel the pain of being killed by another animal.

There would still be plenty of animals left in the world as all herbivores would still be allowed to live.

This includes animals such as giraffes and cows etc.

Also, assume that the ecosystem would remain stable and not become disturbed by this change.
>>
>>2020785
absolutely.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (100 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
100 KB, 400x382
>>2020785
>>2020788
>>
>>2020785
Every carnivore you kill would save hundreds of animal lives. So yes, I think they all should die.
>>
As I have eaten meat as have all my ancestors I should kill myself and let the grass fend for itself.
>>
I'm not an animal suffering vegetarian, I'm a conserving resources and a mindful eating vegetarian.
>>
Nature is not cruel, pitiless, indifferent. This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose."

Eventually some herbivores might evolve to eat meat, so its pointless. What about plants, does a tree have more merit to no be cut down than a blade of grass. Whether or not life was created by a god or a result of some complex form of chemistry all life matters. So its either no singular form of life matters or all of them matter. Animals don't see evil, all it is in nature is how many offspring they can have they have no greater aspiration than that. We as humans are not above or below any other form of life, we are born on the same planet, we have animal instincts, we share DNA and even the stuff we are made of. In short:The world would not be better off without carnivores, all that would happen is the animals would exhaust their ecosystem and starve or develop a new strategy to survive and some will change from herbivore to carnivore.
>>
>>2020798
We know for a fact that animals don't want to endure pain, so why not give them this comfort?

That is all.
>>
Perhaps I wouldn't be vegetarian if I lived in a pre-industrial society(or rather, I most certainly wouldn't, since vegetarianism is a privilege). Industrialised breeding and slaughter changes everything, however.

The worst thing about it all is that many meat eaters in the west essentially have "vegetarian mentalities" as is made manifest by their disdain of killing animals outside of the confines of a slaughterhouse(by hunters, "natural" predators, birds of prey, et cetera). There is a belie among human meat eaters that only killing animals in certain closed off facilities makes them more "ethical" than other meat eaters.

For example, many amateur ornithologists consider curvus birds pure evil for snatching and eating songbird hatchlings, while they happily eat meat from chickens slaughtered behind closed doors.
>>
>>2020785
dying of old age and disease is far more agonizing for an animal than having its throat torn out. i swear its like all vegans think animals not slaughtered or predated die in a hospital bed with their little animal children holding their paw
>>
>>2020883
>corvids are evil
Pic is done by an eurasian titmouse.
Video is of a woodpecker fucking up dove chicks and eating their brains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oEM0W6mhM

The most horrifyig thing corvids do is pecking the eyes of sheep and other animals out.
>>
File: cinege.jpg (45 KB, 645x393) Image search: [Google]
cinege.jpg
45 KB, 645x393
>>2020917
>>
>>2020917
Yes, isn't it awful when an animal that isn't a human eats meat? As horrifying as the vid may look, it's probably the most painless way such a small bird could kill those chicks, especially considering the stunning effect attacking the central nervous system may have.

The pic might as well be the result of a juvenile sapiens sapiens playing with a BB gun. The difference is that whoever attacked those birds also ate from them, meaning less meat went to waste.

I'm not judging you for being a meat eater, but for a being a meat eater while still claiming a moral high ground. I'm not a misanthrope either. I'm just tired of human hypocrisy.

There is no "ethical" way to kill another living creature.
>>
>>2020785
daily reminder that vegetarians are mentaly disabled, and OP is oblivious to the fact that herbivores kill eachother internaly. suffering and death is a part of nature, don't like it? leave it
>>
File: 1450143953165.jpg (997 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1450143953165.jpg
997 KB, 1200x800
Herbivore overpopulation
>>
Eating meat should only be done if you have to. If you poor as shit and the only thing you got is chicken nuggets eat them. If you are a carnivore feel free to go to town.
>>
no, mostly cuz my eating choices aren't a matter of ethics and i don't care what other people/animals eat...
>>
>>2020974
humans can't live exclusively on plants, they can however live exclusively on meat
>>
>>2020993
>humans can't live exclusively on plants, they can however live exclusively on meat
Do two wrong clauses make a right?

Does a double negation make a positive?

Well played, Anon.
>>
>>2020785
>assume that the ecosystem would remain stable and not become disturbed by this change
kek.

ignoring that for a second, how long do you think it would take for some of those sweet herbivorous animals to evolve into carnivores?

you do realize carnivores evolved from herbivores, right? and that they inevitably will again?
>>
File: 4ee801095f5e5c0f500000cd-26.png (32 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
4ee801095f5e5c0f500000cd-26.png
32 KB, 500x300
I don't like the idea of eating something that trusted me or another human to care for it since birth. It's like betrayal.
When you eat chicken, you support unnatural abominations that would never exist if you didn't keep buying their precancerous corpses.

Farms don't exist anymore. Your cows never saw who impregnated them, because the sperm was frozen and shipped from hundreds of miles away. How's that right?

It's certainly not natural for humans to manipulate animals sexually, but it happens as a necessity to keep up with economic demands. That cow knows that she was impregnated by another species.

I don't like the legalized bestiality that the meat industry is relying on, and so I don't buy meat.

Informed nature lovers don't like feedlots, because they are disgusting. They choke waters with algae, they cause extinction after extinction in the rainforests, they feminize our youth into trannies and homosexuals, and for what? Oh right, profit.

You're sucking the dick of someone who cares nothing about you, at least I'm fucking myself with a vegetable. Some boy-next door zuchinni, not some creepy disease ridden mutant bestialist.
>>
>>2021014
>That cow knows that she was impregnated by another species
no, cows don't know anything.
>>
>>2021014
oh... honey... if you only knew....

don't worry, you will grow up some day
>>
No. My diet is a personal decision.

Plus, there's no way to end suffering. Disease and injury will always exist.
>>
>>2021014
And if you have some local beef or whatever, good for you. But you would have to be profit minded to afford it, and so you're just subservient to the other parties destroying the world.

You guys don't really know how nature works, How death's beautiful hand has crafted everything the world loves, and how preserving deformed life for your own ends is destroying it all.

You have a forest, you have plants. Plants kill each other and adapt. In order to survive they make alliances. The deer eats the ones who evolved to rush.
You have a herd of deer, they select who hey wanna fuck because that's what success is. It's beauty and strength that decides the one who fucks. The rest go back to nature, by the shit from the wolves. Then the plants fight tooth and nail for that shit, and the successful ones grow.

Nature is a cycle. Taking anything from one continent to another is a very bad thing. Especially at the scale that it's happening now.

Fields from china feed your organic beef from California, leaving less nutrients in one spot, and way too much in another. It's the cause of ugliness, and weakness. Those chickens are ugly and weak because nature isn't there for them. There are no foxes to pluck to strangle the weak in their jaws. Look at yourselves and see the effects of this nurturing obsession.
>>
>>2021015
So it'd be okay if you fucked one?
>>
>>2021021
>death's beautiful hand has crafted
I get the distinct feeling that you're an enormous faggot.
>>
>>2021022
you've apparently never read the Kinsey report.

those cows get fucked often.

it takes two to tango though. Just because I don't feel bad for the cow doesn't mean I want anything to do with you after you fucked her.
>>
>>2021024
Regardless, everything that isn't domesticated is created by the survival of the fittest, or the most adaptive, it's the survival of what lives after all is said and done.

Meat eaters are in no way supporting that unless they are hunters. and when a beautiful bacterium destroys what you guys call meat, it will have been done by this very principle.
>>
File: IMG_20151006_105117.jpg (2 MB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_105117.jpg
2 MB, 1840x3264
>>2021014
any way. even though this is obviously bait, i'll bite just for keks, because is work in this field.

>Your cows never saw who impregnated them
when in heat, a cow will let anything mount them. they could not care less about what puts their dick in it, calves does not need parents as long as they surive, that artificial family bond that you have, does not exist anywhere else in the animal world. once its grown up the mother will reject the calf regardless.

>Your cows never saw who impregnated them
while i know what you mean, cross species breeding is not possible, i can however tell you everything about how you artificially impregnate a cow, first you insert your arm into cow's rectum to the elbow, and guide the catheter with your hand through the vaginal wall, and through cervix.

>I don't like the legalized bestiality that the meat industry is relying on
i don't think of it as remotely sexual, the cow doesn't think of it as anything sexual, but who cares no one is hurt and we both go off happy, no cuddles though :(

>They choke waters with algae, they cause extinction after extinction in the rainforests, they feminize our youth into trannies and homosexuals, and for what? Oh right, profit.

oh god.

oh well.
sulfur causes algae, not nitrogen, cow manure does not alone cause algae spread, and no, they are not wanted. and what the fuck is up with the rant about sexuality? imma go a tumblr on this one and say that sexuality is a social construct, because genetics does not dictate that shit. and few farmers actually turn a profit right now.
>>
>>2021032
>sulfur causes algae, not nitrogen
>>
>>2021033
if nitrogen caused algae then why is everything not nitrogen, well stirred water is full of it, the atmosphere is 78% nitrogen.

no, nitrogen is not the problem.
>>
the veggies in this thread have reaffirmed my vegetarianism, thanks. i was so tempted last night to eat chicken but i will continue to abstain
>>
>>2021035
>no, nitrogen is not the problem
neither is sulfur

it's actually ammonium nitrate and phosphate that cause algae.

the same nutrients that cause plants.
not that it matters since feedlots dump plenty of nitrates, phosphates and sulfur compounds.
>>
>>2021032
Cattle farmer here. Nothing is funnier to me than cows mounting each other while in heat. Its like fat dykes dry humping
>>
>>2020927
Nah I was just posting that it's hypocritical to blame corvids for being evil when they are not more or less evil than other birds.
And the tits are known to beat the heads of other little birds into species wintertime when the food competition is big.
>>
>>2021130
*into pieces
Anyways humans eating animals is inherently worse because humans have reason, and bacon tasting good is not an argument that has value in a moral dilemma.
>>
>>2021133
>tasting good is not an argument that has value in a moral dilemma
you don't get to decide what other people value.
>>
Nah, I'm a vegan and I feed my dog meat. As a human we have intelligence however, and since eating meat is unnecessary and causes suffering, I choose not to partake. A dog cannot grasp this and has no obligation.
>>
>>2020993
Humans actually can. The only concern is B12, aka cobalamin, which used to be abundant in farming soil. This is how animals get it and provide it in their meat. These days, most soil used to grow produce lacks the natural minerals that come from centuries of natural processes. For instance, many Chinese are selenium deficient because rice is farmed on terraces where minerals are lacking. There are a few really hardcore vegans that grow their own produce and show adequate blood levels of b12.
>>
>>2021142
raping toddlers feel good is a good argument for pedophilia?
>>
>>2021213
if the majority agree it's fine, then it's fine.
>>
>>2021032
Dude ask any fishbro, phosphates/ nitrite are the big issue for algal blooms. especially the choking kinds that suffocate the water plants good algae.

Cow manure isn't the only polluting factor in the meat industry. The tanning and the processing of meat uses tons of chemicals in many cases, dioxins for example that increase one's risk for hormonal cancers.

The dairy industry has no qualms with milking pregnant cows with tons of progesterone, or giving antibiotics that increase estrogen and weight because girls hold onto calories more, thus getting more flesh to your plate, not like hunting where the bests themselves try and acquire what is needed for health with their own hooves.

The meat industry focuses too much on getting the animals huge and unknowingly created a perfect storm of hormones through breeding, feed, lifestyle and drugs.

If corn is involved then the cows are fat, if soy is involved then they're fat. But nobody feeds hemp, and everyone forgot that it gave meat omega 3's that make you balanced and healthy. Nobody else found it weird that heart disease went rampant after hemp was demonized? And after cheap corn fed meat became the staple post dust bowl/ advent of refrigerators?
>>
>>2021035
In a big reef tank, organisms take the poisonous nitrates and transform them back to gaseous nitrogen. It's how huge systems purify themselves. But the downside is that these organisms release toxic gases as well. Hydrogen sulfide for example, or as one's nose knows it as uncleaned aquarium gravel.

Adding nitrate to the system causes a release of sulfide ions, the same stuff that that guy who inseminates cows said was bad. Sufide that would have settled into plants if they could grow. So reef tanks use crazy lights. But cloudy/ murky turbidity from grazing animals stripping bare the soil makes the plants struggle and generally lose to algae.

When algae becomes dominant it changes things. It's more of a picky eater than plants, but it sure does eat the light and all of their bread and peanut butter. (Carbon, and nitrogen) and the plants can't live on the micronutrients alone. They need more light than algae because they root themselves to remove the poisons like sulfides. You know what can live on micronutrients alone? The bacteria that don't need light or oxygen. The ones that make stagnant water disgusting to everyone's senses.

TL;DR Algae is a kid that eats french fries and burgers. Plants is a guy that eats anything. They are roomates. Algae eats all Plant's food and then once he's dead he has the place to himself, and roaches that clean up his shit.
>>
>>2021193
B12 is synthesized by healthy soil bacteria.
Healthy soil isn't made with the poop of anti-biotic fed animals and chlorinated water irrigation.

You add a dechlorinator to your fish tank so it's slime coat isn't sick. The fish's germs are aerobic bacteria and they give it b12. So are soil bacteria and they give plants lots of things. Their roots get covered in a sort of slime coat that helps keep away the molds and stuff by eating them. Then those bacteria's poop right where the plant needs it.

B12 is bacteria poop. antibiotics are bad. Breathe deeply for health. Aerobic bacteria are good guys, mostly. Anaerobes are bad guys mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDBI9txA-W0
>>
>>2020804
There will always be suffering. Animals that compete in the same ecosystem will force each other to either go through rough changes or starve. Plants will be eradicated as the population of prey animals that use breeding to offset low survival rates grow out of control. Predators have a specific place in the foodchain and nature has settled around it. Remove that keystone and the whole thing tumbles down.
>>
Mental retardation, the post.
>>
>>2020785
You still have to contend with the fur trade or leather industry. I don't think killing everyone who eats meat or animal products is a great idea. Lots of vegans have family members who eat meat.
>>
>>2020785
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.