[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caterpillar in house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151218_231511[1].jpg (1 MB, 2368x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_231511[1].jpg
1 MB, 2368x3200
I found this guy crawling across my floor this evening in my kitchen. I don't know how it got inside, but I've never seen a caterpillar inside my house before, so it was a bit of a surprise to me. I'm hoping someone could tell me what species it is and if I should put it outside and hope it survives or give raising it a shot.

For what it's worth, I'm in Western Oregon, specifically Corvallis, and the weather has been mid-40's with endless downpours of rain, so I'm worried that it would just freeze or drown if I put it outside.

(Sorry about the picture quality, phone cameras and all that)
>>
>>2019849
what you've got there looks like an army cutworm.

they're a pretty common pest, but if you'd like to try your hand at raising it you'll need some plants and some dirt. They don't really eat the plants usually, they just cut the stems and kill the plant. So if you want to fatten it up you'll need lots of whatever plants it's eating.

they pupate underground I think. So dirt is a requirement for them.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.