[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Moved to another town >Big cat friend, always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Britse_korthaar.jpg (20 KB, 275x287) Image search: [Google]
Britse_korthaar.jpg
20 KB, 275x287
>Be me
>Moved to another town
>Big cat friend, always calling and petting them on street
>Notice cats are very spooked and socially autistic towards humans here
>"Why?? I just wanna pet cats!"
>Months later friend told me the town has always had a cat killer
>lol but the cats don't know that, rite?

Or do they? It could be that they observed how friendly cats disappear, thus making them less friendly. But are cats really that smart? Because then, how did they make the link between being friendly towards humans > murder? It's so weird.
>>
>>2017781
You don't have to be smart to experience death and loss. They just learned to be more wary of people, for better or for worse. I feel that dogs would respond in the same way.
>>
>>2017868
Dogs are acting pretty normal. I live in a dog neighbourhood with a lot of nice parks and I see them playing around with their humans. The strange thing about this is that the cats aren't really as afraid of dogs if they are friendly. I even saw a dog sniffing a cat in the leash free park.

What do you mean with experiencing death? It's not like they've seen the cat killer beating a cat up or something. I heard he sometimes takes the cats home and beats/mutilates them, but I'm not sure if those are rumors or not. Anyway, the friend who told me found his cat poisened. But how can other cats know this? Random cats fall dead > better watch out for humans? I don't know...
>>
I don't understand that logic at all.

A cat killer kills all the friendly cats so now all thats left are shy or unfriendly cats. How does that imply the unfriednly and shy cats somehow learned to be that way? Cats have different temperments. If there was no cat kill there would still be shy and unfriendly cats but you would ignore them because you're busy petting the friendly cats.

Literally common sense.
>>
>>2017907
That would make sense, but it's unlikely that the killer would murder literally ALL friendly cats. There are quite a lot of cats around here and the town has multiple neighbourhoods. I just hear about a single cat dying every few months or so, and most people even replace them. If he were to cause a cat holocaust or something, I'm sure there would be police investigating, but that's never happened. So I still think it's odd that every fucking cat I see is so darn terrified..
>>
>>2017897
the cats are a colony, and even if they don't all get along, they all know each other, and they know when one of them is missing. and if this cat killer lives close enough they can hear the screams and smell the death
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.