[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last night with my dog before he got put down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: my dog.jpg (35 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
my dog.jpg
35 KB, 480x480
>i'm alone downstairs
>my old black lab is laying down
>I lay down with him wrap my arms and blanket around around him
>remember all the times I was upset and how no matter what he always had that big dumb look on his face and was always happy to see me
>remember the times he woke me up at five in the morning with his tail thumping on the floor
>start sobbing like a child
>lab comforts me
>although he is the one that was fucking dying
>best dog ever
>i'm almost crying right now
>I miss that big dumby so much
>RIP
>>
Why the fuck is every other thread on here about putting pets down
>>
>>2015331
For the cry baby circle jerk
>>
>>2015331
People like to talk about their feelings anon. Sorry about your loss OP he looks like an A+ pupper
>>
>>2015327
>i'm almost crying
>almost
damn, you're holding it together well
>>
>>2015327
I'm sorry for your loss OP. It's never easy to lose your friend. It might feel like you only got a few years with him, but to him, he got to spend an entire lifetime with you and your family being loved and getting to do everything a dog should. I'm sure he lived a very happy, full life with you. He was lucky to have you as an owner.
>>
I cried like a littl girl when my dog died. RIP, sorry for your loss OP. Remember the good times.
>>
>>2015327
He looks like my childhood dog, except mine was a spitz/lab/german sheperd mutt. Just seeing the pic made my heart sink.
>>
>>2015331

Talking about it makes them feel better. Human socialization and stuff.
Its a normie thing.
>>
>>2015445
Not that guy but I can't talk about my dog or I choke up like a bitch. He's been gone for a little over a year now and I still can't get over it. I haven't even mentioned his name and I'm tearing up right now. I can sympathize with those who truly love their pets though. If talking about it helps get them over the loss then I'm all for it. I just wish I could get over mine.
>>
File: So Appropriate.png (279 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
So Appropriate.png
279 KB, 500x260
>>2015327
>>2015418
>>2015448

This a loss thread?

>it's September
>A week off from dog's birthday
>Two weeks off from MY birthday
>Dog is about to turn 10, which is apparently -really- old for his breed type (BMD mix)
>But he still is lively and healthy, just has bad joints because he's a big dog
>already wondering what to get him for his birthday, maybe a new fluffy bed for maximum comfy

>Got some infection in his body two week prior.
>No idea where he got it, just had this small wound on his leg.
>Take him to get vet attention and meds, he seems to be doing well when we pick him up.
>Suddenly health tanks on Labor Day
>Vet is closed, no emergency service because it's a one-day fucking holiday
>Take him immediately back the day after
>Vet dopes his shit up with the strongest antibiotics they have
>infection overpowered the original meds apparently
>Vet says there's a 50% chance he'll live
>Have to leave him overnight for observation to see if he gets better or worse
>Still remember that look he gave me when I took him into the vet kennel for treatment

That goddamn old and sick dog hopped up on his arthritic hind legs to look out that tiny ass window to give me the saddest look as I left. I promised him it'd be ok.

It wasn't ok. He died of a massive heart attack caused by the infection that night. I was trying to stay positive with that 1/2 chance and the old boy couldn't do it.

I still feel like utter garbage about it, if I knew 100% he was going to die I would have spared him dying alone and in pain with nobody he loved around him.
>>
>>2015515

Should probably add that 'two weeks prior' is when the wound showed up and also when I took him to the vet, the rest of the time he seemed to be recovering and doing ok until his crash on Labor Day
>>
>>2015327
The best thing you can do anon, is to never forget your dog.
Always keep him in your heart, always cherish all the good times and memories you've had together.
And if you get a new dog, don't treat it as a subsitute, because nothing will replace your old buddy.
And consider this, your dog is dead now but he died knowing he got to spend an entire life time with the best person he's ever met in his life: you.
>>
File: IMG_20151023_045512.jpg (691 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151023_045512.jpg
691 KB, 2048x1536
>15yo dog
>heart issues but otherwise healthy (semi) active dog
>would suffer from occasional seizures due to vet-diagnosed heart issue
>nevertheless, she trudged right on through everything ..
>lived longer than her meds were supposed to keep her going to
>was always fully aware: literally had her for a long walk (which she managed without hassle) the day before she died. she even had no problem jumping up on my bed the same night

I knew well she was not long for this world (had her since I was 15 myself after her mother was knocked down)

pic related is her an hour before she died right beside my bed

>still am not fucking over it. never will be
>>
File: 12390936.jpg (51 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
12390936.jpg
51 KB, 720x960
>>2015327
Have a drink with me in solidarity, OP.

Put my dog down last night myself.
Just know you aren't in the shit alone.

She wasn't really able to get up and walk, so I wrapped her in a blanket and carried her myself. Gave her a shit ton of milk bones before I brought her in at 2am. She seemed like she was at peace.

This shit sucks, man. Godspeed, anon.
>>
When my mom's dog, a dog with whom i had grown up, died eight years ago, I didn't think I could handle it again. When my dog died this year, I knew I couldn't. I love dogs, but I can't go through it again.
>>
>>2015327
Loss thread? I woke up and found my brother dead, so shocked I couldnt even cry. What could be the reason of his death? He was a boxer called Spike, 10 years old, he was just resting there on the floor, no bad smell, no strange saliva on the ground, nothing, just there resting like he was sleeping. Yesterday we had a very hot day here, could that be the reason? Looking for some info, cancer ins the main cause of death for boxers, but I dont think from one day to another would do that, he was really healthy and happy 2 days ago.
>>
File: 1254855622614.png (41 KB, 165x98) Image search: [Google]
1254855622614.png
41 KB, 165x98
>>2015540
>And consider this, your dog is dead now but he died knowing he got to spend an entire life time with the best person he's ever met in his life: you.

Goddamn anon, that got me right in the feels.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x375
>>2015515
>loss thread?
>>
File: that feel_cry.jpg (56 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
that feel_cry.jpg
56 KB, 300x360
>>2016934
>Gave her a shit ton of milk bones before I brought her in at 2am
>>2015540
>your dog is dead now but he died knowing he got to spend an entire life time with the best person he's ever met in his life: you
>>
>>2017215
Wait until it hits you.
Actually, seeing how this was posted hours ago, it probably already did.
Fuck man, my condolences.
>>
I'm putting her down tomorrow
Her liver is failing, and she's lost so much weight
14 is pretty old for a standard poodle
;~;
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.