[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative Pets, Livestock, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
I want a reindeer. What does /an/ want?
>>
chickens
goats
a bigger aquarium
a german shepherd husky mix who isn't batshit insane
>>
>>2012392
you're alright
>>
>>2012331
A rottweiler. Every one I've ever known has been a total lovebug and it saddens me that because of their morphology they've been trained to harm people, giving them a bad reputation.

I'm not going to get one in the near future because I don't envision being stable enough to justify owning a large pet, especially one as intelligent and social as a dog.

One day.
>>
I'd like to have lobsters. The eatin' kind. :9
>>
>>2012465

I too would choose lobster or another large crustacean, but I wouldn't eat them.
>>
I'd like a goat, as well but I also kind of want a freakish animal, like a Coconut Crab. Something that if someone breaks into my house and just sees its dark silhouette sitting in the room, their mind would shatter and they'd flee in hysterics.
>>
>>2012335
Did that bird just drown the rabbit before eating it?
>>
>>2012576
well maybe if wasn't such a squirmy pain in the ass it wouldn't have had to >:|
>>
>>2012331
I'm not a picky faggot, i just want a Boxer breed dog and a crow
>>
>>2012596
>a crow
i spect you'd need at least a small aviary to keep a crow happy and exercised. that would be cool though if it was docile and trained and shit. crows can probably be taught to kill people. just thinkin out loud.
>>
File: 220px-Heterophrynus_02[1].jpg (18 KB, 220x154) Image search: [Google]
220px-Heterophrynus_02[1].jpg
18 KB, 220x154
>>2012331
just got pic related. kinda nervous she's my first arthropod not counting local insects/spiders i just find and keep a while then re-release.
>>
File: images.png (25 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
images.png
25 KB, 289x174
>>2012657
nope nope noop
>>
>>2012657
Nice. Does she feel your hand up with her feelers of ou put it next to her? Seriously, ampyplygi are probably among the cutest arthropods there are.

>>2012660
>le spiders r spooky :DD
Wipe this meme off the face of the Earth.
>>
I want a pair of domesticated foxes but I'd need more space for them to run and play. They're like tiny huskies on espresso.
>>
I want reindeer too, OP. It's a dream of mine to have a lot of land up in Maine and have a herd of reindeer. It'll probably never happen but oh well.
>>
>>2012335
"Nature" doesn't exist. "Nature" is just an umbrella term for a huge heterogenity of different organisms, who all do their best to survive. Every time the word "nature" is used, it is an attempt of humanity to bring "order" into the world. Symptomatically, it's also often used to naturalise an element of human society.

Dawkins may think he represents the "secular" or "sober" view here, but actually, he ends up in the same pitfall as those who would claim that "nature" is either kind or cruel. Typical new atheist scum.
>>
I will own one of these before I die.
>>
>>2012759
she's more curmudgeonly than i expected. most of the ones i've seen are really chill but she skitters up my arm like that spider lady in The Evil Within. Makes handling her unpleasant. feeding has been a real experience though. It's like reenacting Predator only Schwarzenegger and Ventura and black guy are crickets
>>
File: comfy.webm (2 MB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
comfy.webm
2 MB, 720x540
>>2012331
porcupines

https://youtu.be/U79kS62eV8s
>>
I want: an opossum, a skunk, dairy goats, a horse, a dog, a bobcat, guinea fowl, turkeys and an iguana.
>>
>>2012392
>a german shepherd husky mix who isn't batshit insane
we just had a whole bunch of these at our shelter actually. it was a huge breeder neglect case, the morons were just letting two siblings fuck eachother locked in a kennel and selling the pups as "wolf hybrids" to anyone dumb enough to believe it, almost had to euthanize all of them because of it since hybrids are pretty illegal here

but yeah, the two adults were handsome as fuck and the pups were cute, but the the female and two of the pups got adopted then returned multiple times each due to their batshit crazy behavior. even had to muzzle the 3 month old puppies to vaccine them
>>
>>2014160
Guinea fowl are legitimately hilarious creatures to behold. We had a flock of them at our uni and I just couldn't stop laughing whenever I saw them.
>>
>>2012576
At least it was considered, except vore fetishists nobody would appreciate being digested alive.
>>
>>2014180
They are also the most annoying creature to ever exist. There was a flock of 4 that hung around my highschool and they were so loud you could barely talk over them. That town also had a heavy vulture population so their warning calls never fucking stopped.
>>
A komodo dragon, even though i know its impossible.

I have also fancied the idea of having a peacock and some peahens, but i have no idea of their needs or personalities in regards to their compatibility with human domiciles.
>>
A river otter. I could never give it a big enough environment to stay happy and healthy so it's justa dream, but man I love otters.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.