[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i found a kitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20151130_072416-1.jpg (3 MB, 2133x2344) Image search: [Google]
20151130_072416-1.jpg
3 MB, 2133x2344
I found a kitty this morning mewling outside my apartment window.

He looks very scrawny but hasn't ate or drank yet.

He also has runny poop.

I've had the fella for about 1/2 an hour now.

Also he bit a bunch of little holes in my finger. I put on peroxide and polysporin right away so i should be fine right?
>>
You need to take him to a animal rescue of some sort. Just to be safe.
>>
stop contributing to environmental damage by supporting feral pest species.
>>
Sorry friendo. You have to amputate the fingers.
>>
Move the food and water away from the litter box. Cats don't like to eat near where they shit and they don't like to shit near their food.
>>
File: 19963080_SA.jpg (62 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
19963080_SA.jpg
62 KB, 560x315
>>2007994
>Also he bit a bunch of little holes in my finger. I put on peroxide and polysporin right away so i should be fine right?

Probably, yeah.
>>
>>2007994
>Pest species riddled with disease bites you
>"Better keep it in my house!"

This is why nobody takes "cat people" seriously.
>>
>>2007994
>food and water directly next to food and water
Dreadful.
>>
>>2009634

That's usually how it goes.
>>
>>2009671
Aw shit. I of course ment, next to litter.
>>
You're going to want to take it to the vet if you're going to keep it and you're also going to want to go to the doctor depending on how deep the bites were. If it's a true puncture wound it will get infected, cats have serious bacteria in their mouths, even kittens. I can't tell how old that kitten is by the pictures, but it may need formula still. Also move the litter away from the food/water. No one, not even a cat, wants to eat where it shits.
>>
>>2007994
Runny poop indicates that he has some sort of bacterial/parasitic problem in his intestines. You need to take this kitty to the vet pronto to get it dewormed and checked for anything else yucky in its system. I would also advise bathing it in warm water and Dawn dish soap in case it has fleas (which is likely, and can kill a kitten if it's young/malnourished enough).

That said, taking care of a stray kitten, getting all its shots, getting it fixed, getting whatever medication it needs, is going to be quite expensive, in addition to just getting basic cat stuff like a real litterbox and toys. If you aren't able to lay down a couple hundred bucks on this cat right now, you need to take it to a shelter so they can take care of it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.