[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bonsai/Penzai general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bons.jpg (55 KB, 736x492) Image search: [Google]
bons.jpg
55 KB, 736x492
discussion and beginners guides.

specifically, which of the guides/retailers on the net are for shitters and which arent?
>>
early hijack:

are tehre any lists of common bonsai species which can grow indoors and will not kill my cat?
>>
>>2005562
You have pretty much nothing. I wouldn't bother with bonsai unless
>>
>>2005562
none, bonsai do shit indoors, you need a greenhouse or grow them outside.

they aren't windowsill plants.
>>
>>2005572
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_bonsai
>>
>>2005573
all of the trees mentioned in that page do poorly indoors.

if you hadn't noticed yet it's citing businesses that sell them.
>>
>>2005556
All online bonsai retailers are crap almost all bonsai retailers are crap and do it because they can make higher profits off juvenile plants. Just visit your local
nursery, if you have a bonsai nursery near you i would only recommend buying pots and inorganic material for your soil mix
>>
>>2005960
> if you have a bonsai nursery near you
pretty much any plant center has neglected trees, they're terrible when it comes to taking care of them.

if you don't see them ask if you can see what they have in the back, they might not display the shitty trees they have.
>>
Are bonsai citrus trees real or is it some internet bs?
>>
>>2005983
either grow fruit the correct manner or don't grow it.
>>
>>2005987
*in the correct manner
>>
>>2005562
My cheap juniper is holding up well indoors
>>
Bonsai aren't really a thing, they are a pruning style.
Just go to your local nursery and find specimens with characteristics you want.

Indoors you are probably only going to have luck with Ficus, tropical elm and maybe Mediterranean conifers and for them to grow fast enough to actually work with you will probably need weed style grow lights.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.