[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a cat that requires constant phsical contact, it is unbearable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: american psycho.jpg (63 KB, 525x400) Image search: [Google]
american psycho.jpg
63 KB, 525x400
I have a cat that requires constant phsical contact, it is unbearable
rubbing on my legs, sitting on me, kneading litterally 100% of the time it physically can

efforts to train it otherwise have been in vain, maybe it is a slow learner, maybe I am training it wrong, IDK

none of my other cats are like this
>>
File: Elephant_M65-267x300.jpg (32 KB, 267x300) Image search: [Google]
Elephant_M65-267x300.jpg
32 KB, 267x300
you'll need to establish a safe-space
electricity is your friend
>>
>>2000063
I'm trying for "no cats on the couch" just to start with, but no matter how many times I hiss and throw the cat off, it does not learn

I used this process to quickly teach it to stay off the tables, but for some reason the couch is more of a struggle
>>
>>2000065
the couch is comfy, its territory

have you tried stenches that cats hate. f.e. the strong smell of mint? my cat always hated toothpaste and mint oil alot
>>
>>2000069
the main thing I don't want the cat sitting on is me

I'd consider this if nothing else worked
>>
this cat is driving me mad, it won't sleep on the end of the bed, it tries to sleep on my face, so I have to shut it out of the bedroom

it claws at the rood and mews plaintively ALL NIGHT

I'm not sure if there is something actually wrong with it

I'm not sure if I punish it or ignore it
if I punished it, I would be punishing it so frequently that if it didn't learn fast it would mentally scar the animal, but ignoring it seems to have no effect, I have tried ignoring the screatching for a week
>>
>>2000128
It looks bored as fuck. Do you play with it? It's neutered?
>>
>>2000140
>>2000128
I feel like you're both the same person.
>>
Welcome to the life of overly attached cat friend.

Stop him BEFORE he does anything. If he's about to jump on you, put you hand in front of his face and say NO. If he starts to go around, scruff him, turn him around (GENTLY), and give him a push in the opposite direction. Repeat till he leaves.

If constantly scratching at the door, again, stop him before he even comes to the door. Use a squirt bottle if you have to. If he comes up to it while you're sleeping, get up and shoo him down the hall then spray hI'm if he tries coming back down the hall.
>>
how old is this cat?
what is its background?
Do they think humans are their mothers?
>>
To be honest, I feel like you might be better off rehoming him. He's not really doing anything wrong as such, but he's not the right cat for you, and either you're going to be permanently irritated with him or he's going to be unhappy that he can't get the physical closeness he wants. Plenty of people out there do want a really affectionate cat, so maybe you could see if anyone is interested in taking him.
>>
>>2000140
*she* probably is bored as fuck, it's so annoying my other cat won't even play with it

and it smells, IDK why

>>2000157
I'm worried that is would just be me constantly upseting the cat, like I say it's a nuisance 100% of the time it's not sleeping

>>2000175
about a year old, background:born in one of those backyard kitten farms, sold to a disgusting human being who got bored of it, adopted by me

>>2000176
someone suggested to me that I'm trying to train a cat how not to be a cat, I'd consider re-homing her but she isn't micro-chipped so I can't take her to a shelter, and I don't really know anyone who wants a clingy cat
>>
>>2000393
>*she* probably is bored as fuck
Then play with it
>>
>>2000393
>smells
>hyperactive
>other cats won't play with it
Are you sure you didn't get a ferret?
>>
File: 1436822412876.jpg (242 KB, 631x799) Image search: [Google]
1436822412876.jpg
242 KB, 631x799
>>2000622
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.