[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's better, cat or dog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
What's better, cat or dog?
>>
They're both good in their own ways
>>
>>1994966

Depends on your circumstances. Sometimes I wish I had a cat so I didn't have to revolve my life so heavily around my dog, but I love him to bits.
>>
>>1994966
Wish I could afford both.
Doggie will do for now.
>>
File: 1413581259199.jpg (235 KB, 800x757) Image search: [Google]
1413581259199.jpg
235 KB, 800x757
both
>>
dog if you want a pet, cat if you want to be a pet
>>
Ferrets.
>>
File: 15487328946.jpg (126 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
15487328946.jpg
126 KB, 700x525
Depends on what you want in a pet.

Dogs are needy, high-maintenance, dependent. If you want a pet because you want to feel needed and adored - go dog. They're also a good way to connect with other people (dog parks, out on a walk and someone just wants to come pet them, etc.). Large breeds also offer a feeling of protection even if the dog isn't specifically trained as such. Having a dog, especially a puppy, is a lot like having a child since they can't even shit/piss without your involvement.

Cats lack the strong canine social instincts and are often considered more aloof, but in truth they can be just as friendly and loving as dogs if socialized correctly. My own three will follow me and my family around the house, sleep with us, and greet visitors at the door with eager curiosity. They are excellent pest control, not only for the more traditional rodents but also insects. They are, on the whole, quieter, cleaner, and less expensive than dogs, but are less tractable, and some find them frustrating to understand/connect with because their communication methods are less similar to our own than dogs and require experience to read.

Generally I think of dogs as being the extrovert's pet and cats as the introverts, but of course there are exceptions (I myself am an extrovert who likes dogs but has no desire to own one). Dogs are Go Out and DO! buddies, cats are Stick Around the House and Hang Out chillpals.
>>
>>1994966
All cats are better than some dogs.
While some dogs are better than all cats
>>
File: dogs-vs-cats.jpg (38 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
dogs-vs-cats.jpg
38 KB, 550x440
>>1994966
>>
>>1996605
>Biased
>>
you cannot fuck a cat
>>
>>1997701
Fucking quitter
>>
File: 1398894605607.png (34 KB, 346x193) Image search: [Google]
1398894605607.png
34 KB, 346x193
>>1997628
>"neither cats nor dogs are better because it depends on what you're looking for in a pet, both have positive and negative qualities"
>BIASED FAGGOT
>>
File: kekekeke.jpg (5 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
kekekeke.jpg
5 KB, 251x240
>>1997616
>can shit in a box
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.