[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like ducklings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 2014-06-04.gif (3 MB, 400x231) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-04.gif
3 MB, 400x231
Do you like ducklings?
>>
Sure why not
>>
>>1994577
definitely senpai
>>
I didn't know what love was until I had a duckling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yKHYupriRw
>>
File: Duckling feeding Koi.gif (2 MB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
Duckling feeding Koi.gif
2 MB, 310x233
>>1994577
I love the little duckies!
>>
>>1994597
that's fucking HNNNNG
>>
File: p5220044.jpg (829 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
p5220044.jpg
829 KB, 2288x1712
>>1994577
9 Pacific black ducklings wandered into our shed in country Australia when I was a kid. Their mother was nowhere to be found.

They were amazing. My friend and I would chase butterflies etc with badminton rackets and feed them to the ducklings.

I'd use a hose for an hour to fill a depression in the ground to make a large puddle for them to play in and learn to swim, they freaking loved it.

They followed me everywhere and I eventually encouraged them to start flying by running and flapping my wings.

If you lay down on a towel to sunbake they'd chill with you and nibble at all your freckles, hair etc.

We released them into the wild when they were adults. For months afterward, you could stand at the riverbank and call out, and a duck would answer from far off and they'd all come soaring around the bend to say hello and get treats.

An experience I will never forget.
>>
>>1995844
Is that turquoise feather a flight feather? If you plucked the turquoise feather would it harm them? I want that turquoise feather. I would have taken all the turquoise feathers.
>>
>>1995847
Mallards have those too. You could get away with plucking one without it hurting their ability to fly but it would also hurt them enough that they may bleed a little. I also assume ducks molt, so at some point they would drop them anyway.
>>
>>1995850
But that one is so vibrant compared to a mallards which look more blue.
>>
File: feels.jpg (72 KB, 634x464) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
72 KB, 634x464
>>1995847
>>1995850
>>1995853

>mfw I will never have a pacific black duck's turquoise feather.
>>
>>1995856
lol
>>
>>1995856
Just wait for molting season dude
>>
>>1995844
Sounds great and something that will never occur again. You are sooo lucky.
>>
>>1995847
WTF is wrong with you dumbass can get colored feathers a dime a dozen.
>>
>>1995886
I like pretty things.
>>
Rehabbing ducklings can be really cute. We have to give them ice trays as their water bowl because they'll drown in anything deeper. We put a feather duster in their box and they all cuddle up to it like its mom. We put beanie baby ducks in and they quack at it and posture at it when they get a big bigger.
>>
>>1995884
I know.

I was really blessed to grow up where I did, surrounded by pet horses, ferrets, dogs, a cat, a fox, chickens, a magpie, a kookaburra, a pewee (relative of magpie, awesome little bird), domestic and wild ducks, rabbits and so on. Neighbor even had a fucking camel for a while, kek.
>>
>>1996067
>a pewee (relative of magpie

I was wrong, it's not particularly closely related at all. Mah bad.
>>
I fucking love ducks. My dad owned ducklings once, and one came down with hypothermia at night. It couldn't stand or make any noise, it was completely limp. I stayed beside it with warm towels, a blow dryer on low, food, water, and snuggles, and 4 hours later it was running around and quacking and eating. It was a hard fight for the little guy but he made it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.