[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melbourne Cup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: racehorse.jpg (112 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
racehorse.jpg
112 KB, 800x533
It's Melbourne Cup Day in Ausfaglia. Get on Twitter and post images of racehorse abuse.

Use the hashtags #MelbourneCup #TTuesday #NupToTheCup

Let's do this.
>>
>>1990661
Not your personal army, etc., etc.
>>
Why would we want to help you protest against horse racing you smelly hippy?
>>
>>1990661
most racehorses have better lives than I do and work less hours
>>
>>1990717

The ones that are successful maybe...
>>
Last year we had an office sweeps thing where you'd draw a name out of a hat and the boss would put money on the horse for you. I spent most of the day thinking about how pointless and cruel horseracing is, but I picked a name anyway. It was Admire Ratki. My conscience won out and I declined the boss' offer and gave it to someone else before the race. Fuck horse racing.
>>
I dunno is this is an Aussie problem but I've worked with some race horses here in Canada and they were well treated with spacious stalls and good quality feed, as well as frequent time to run around and graze in the nearby fields.
>>
Further to that I will say, though, that the fucking chuck wagon races at rodeos needs to stop. Horses die with alarming frequency in those things.
>>
>>1990769
>>1990774
I think it's more that horse racing as a whole serves no purpose other than a means of making money at the expense of an innocent animal. This makes it distinctly different from the meat industry in that meat feeds people.
>>
>>1990778

In that case who cares? If the horses are happy but we're "exploiting" them then there's no reason to protest it unless you're from Peta. It's fine to protest the abuse, but.
>>
>>1990783

Only successful horses get treated well (they get whipped though). Unsuccessful horses just get killed,

Greyhound racing is far worse. That shit is nightmare level.
>>
>>1990783
Breeding an animal into to existence for the sake of sport presents something of a moral quandary. I suppose you can say the same of any animal bred to be a pet as a companion, especially the ones who end up imprisoned in a yard all day. Or any sort of service animal. I'm with you on the whole happy horse running happily but it just seems kinda weird to me, which extends to all animals in service to humans.
>>
>>1990789
I hope the entire greyhound industry gets phased out. The only reason it shouldn't be shit canned immediately is that trainers would just destroy the dogs.
>>
Just so you know unsuccessful horses don't get killed, I know a sindicate who own a race horse together, it hasn't won in years, it's still alive. I also know a few people with ex-race horses and stud that used to be racers.
Also what's so bad about greyhound racing? Never really looked into the practices but I've spent a shit load on it down the bookies.
>>
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 1500x1125
Saw this, poor exhausted horses. Should have put more time in the gym.
>>
>>1991034
Unsuccessful greyhounds are routinely killed here in Australia. Queensland trainers would take these dogs to "Ten Dollar Tom" who would kill these dogs with a hammer for $10. It's believed up to 70% of dogs will meet a similar fate. There's the whole live baiting thing as well. Shit is fucked up.
>>
>>1991034

See.

>>1991310

Plus they were using live bait, possums and baby pigs tied to a line and pulled along the track...

Didn't they find a pit with literally hundreds of dogs?
>>
>>1990783
>If the horses are happy
kindly refer to the OP's pic
>>
I mean shit. Shall we talk about jump racing?

I'm pretty sure every single year a horse misjumps and breaks a leg.
>>
File: 1444127174778.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1444127174778.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>1990751
>>1990789
>Unsuccessful horses just get killed

Let me guess; You have literally NOTHING to do with horses whatsoever in your daily life?

Horses that aren't good racers get moved into other sports/fields, are kept as pets or used at riding schools. Don't be a fuckwit.

I'm getting really pissed off at this rumor going around. 'There is zero ex-racehorses in Australia because it's UNECONOMIC to keep them alive!'

It would take you less time to find and talk to someone who actually has fucking ex-racehorses than to hit 'repost' on another bullshit Facebook post.
>>
I agree, we need an absolute ban on horses for their own good.

Stop racing them, stop using them as brute force, stop breeding them, stop farming them.

Let them die out, it's for their own good.
>>
>>1991342

Scuse you?

"Over 10,000 will be sent to the slaughterhouse this year alone. If you've ever wanted to own a share in a racehorse, look at that can of dog food sitting on your shelf. You're already part of the industry."

This isn't magical fucking fairy land you dick.
>>
>>1991342

Shall we get into the health aspects of racing?

Do you actually want to fucking do this?

If you think horse racing is some nice event where the horses are all kept in perfect conditions and after retirement they all enjoy a large farm you're absolutely fucking mental.

Fuck me. I just mentioned the horse jumps. They break legs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. You think those horses aren't put down?

Fucking idiot. I don't mind horse racing, but let's not be retarded here. It happens.
>>
>>1991359
You think those horses would exist if they weren't being bred for racing?
>>
>>1991342
I don't believe that all of them are killed, I think more unscrupulous owners would send them to the knackery if they couldn't turn a profit by selling them off.

Another point is that 100% of horses with broken legs are put down as it is impossible to rehabilitate a horse with a broken leg.

>>1991347
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQTHB4jM-KQ
>>
>>1990661
is he okay
>>
>>1991371
Not being born is better than being born into an industry where the odds are you'll end up getting sent to the knackery
>>
>>1990661
I don't use social networks.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.