[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate Tinder so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1468699111749.jpg (236 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
1468699111749.jpg
236 KB, 650x842
I thought trying Tinder would at least boost my self esteem even if I didn't get a relationship out of it because I have a VERY unattractive friend up north who gets matches daily.

Well now it's passively done the opposite. Keep in mind I'm a 18 year old boy of average attractiveness who lives in buttfuck, nowhere. Therefore, I wasn't expecting as many matches. So here's the story of my Tinder experience:

>originally matched with 2 girls
>tried talking to each one at a time
>first one was either really dumb or a bot
>moved on to the second
>second was decent but I feel like I fucked that one up because I used a weak ass icebreaker
>we keep talking for a hour and she removes me randomly mid-convo
Here's where the real shit starts
>get matched again a month later
>literally just looking to explore the different approaches I can take with matches
>7/10, taller than me but w/e I don't judge based on height because people cant help it
>I make a stupid ass pokemon related icebreaker because all college students play pokemon go around here
>She goes with it so we actually connect and talk for a hour
>I decide fuck it and ask her to send the best meme she's got
>she still plays along and I am very impressed
>she basically asks me for my number right before i was going to ask for hers

to be cont...
>>
>>17369782
>Think that this is going along too smoothly, something will go wrong
>So we actually do start talking and connecting very well but I always had the feeling that I'm unknowingly in a competition with 1+ other matches from Tinder
>I end up asking her out and she says she will be out of town this weekend
>also find out she lives an hour drive away, 75 miles, which is kinda fucked up bc I had Tinder set to 30 miles
>not a problem, "are you free next weekend, then?"
>gives excuse that sounds made up
>Tell her "Look, if you dont want to go out just tell me, I really don't mind"
>"It's not like that, anon. I'm just going through some personal stuff rn"
>Immediately feel like I am one amongst other guys way more attractive than I am and she still hasn't decided between us
Side Note:
>If you need to be told why its wrong to do this to people you are the problem
Back to the story
>Talked to her a little more yesterday, felt the convo dying very quick so I said "Well I gotta wake up early tomorrow, gn"
>Sit in bed for 2 hours feeling small
>Sent her a "Yo" message today and she just responded, at some point I want to ask if it is in her prospects to ever want to go out
>To this second been feeling like I'm still competing against other guys and it makes me feel like shit.
>Its like showing up to a race but having the other racers be in invisible, unknown cars

Tinder only managed to make me feel like shit because I live in the south and can attest to saying that 1 southern girl is harder to get than 100 northern girls, but 1 northern girl is worth 100 southern girls.

tl;dr I just wanted to get something off my chest
>>
Anon don't take it personally the girl probably just wanted attention and was never looking to actually meet up with a dude anyway. Tinder is a shit.
>>
>>17369831

At least you have the balls to make the first move man. Honestly don't let this bother you to much, get yourself to a bar ( Assuming your not American) and approach girls there.

I've been on Tinder a few weeks, hardly talk to any of the girls I match because I have no idea what to say. But a few beers in me and approaching women in bars isn't anywhere near as stressful.

Also, its easy as fuck for women to match guys on Tinder. In all honesty you'll be competing with more than 1 guy for her attention. I'm not good at Tinder at all, so I won't lie and tell you I know what I'm doing. But I've been told you don't want to message the girl to many times on Tinder itself, as at the end of the day its a hook-up app.

Good luck anyways man
>>
>>17369853
>( Assuming your not American)
*sobs*
>>
>>17369859

There still must be ways you can meet women but still have dutch courage. . . Right?
>>
>>17369859
Do whatever American's do when they are college aged instead of bars/clubs.
Go to a frat party.
100x more cancerous then a pub. But probably just as good if not better for your aim anyway.
>>
>>17369782

Jesus. Come on man, I want to give good advice, but WAH. You're on a fucking hookup app. Are you looking for her to be the love of your life, and suddenly dump her other prospects because you shared some dank memes? Yes, you are in competition with other guys. Sorry, that's the game you're playing. She doesn't know jack shit about you, and she has the advantage of being able to pick the best out of the pack.

Hell, at this point, be happy you even got a match. Most of that app is all bot traffic now.

You need to calm the fuck down and not take this seriously.
>>
>>17369889

Harsh but true. Sorry OP. Don't look for love on Tinder.

>>17369873
Gaybars normally have very relaxed ID policies, and in my experience are good bars to hook up with girls. Give it a shot op (kek)
>>
>>17369896
>>17369889
Like I said I really wasnt expecting to find a relationship through Tinder but wasnt expecting to feel like this either

Also:
>Grindr is a hookup app
>OKC is a dating app
>Tinder is just a mix of the two
>>
>>17369909

Grindr is a gay hookup app.
OkCupid is for people who are more serious.
Tinder is a hookup app with occasional people looking for something more that most people have gotten tired of because the bot traffic ran them away.

You're acting like a clingy little girl because someone paid attention to you, and now the way you're acting is doing nothing but making it less encouraging to want to go out with you.

You've likely already blown it.
>>
>>17369909

Fuck off is Tinder a mix of both. "Its used to meet people you have a connection with" , is what slags say to make themselves feel better by fucking random people they swipe right too.

C'mon man. Just because 1 out of 100 people have a second date doesn't mean its a dating app, I'm sure some people date after they fuck on Grinder too.
>>
>>17369916
>most people have gotten tired of because the bot traffic ran them away
This is true

>>17369918
This really varies on age group and location
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.