[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tickets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1448608315812.jpg (340 KB, 1280x916) Image search: [Google]
1448608315812.jpg
340 KB, 1280x916
So I was driving home from my gfs tonight and she lives on top of a huge hill. I'm finally slowing down to 30 mph (which is the speed limit) but a cop pulls me over because of the speed I was doing originally. See cop pull into close neighborhood to stop, but he assumes I was trying to get away. He keeps my insurance, and lets me go. Almost arrests me though because I'm not good with the police. I'm 18 and this is my first violation ever, should I contest it?
>>
>I'm not good with the police
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>17367829
>Keeps your proof of insurance

This is not how it works.
>>
I'm timid. The police don't like that. And he kept my proof of insurance. I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>17367829
You were speeding. You got caught. You pay the fine. End of story.

If you were also charged with evading arrest or something like that, you can fight that. The law allows (indeed recommends) you to proceed to a safe spot before pulling over, and when you explain that's what you were doing, the charge will go.

Odd story about the insurance. Phone your insurance agent and get another copy.
>>
>>17367829
Contest it, even if you have to pay it the state has to pay a judge and the prosecuting officer. If everyone contested all traffic infringements it would cost the state far to much to keep fining people and they would have to get real criminals instead of spending taxpayer dollars lurking to catch misnomer offenders to raise revenue
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.