[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably dying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 734x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 734x202
So I've been having neurological problems over the past couple months. Anyone know how to read an MRI.

>might have multiple Scolorisis
>WWYD
>>
what country and state are you in?

am i reading this right, you've gotten an MRI but a doctor has not assessed it?
>>
>>17366100
I'm in
New Mexico, United States
Have not had it assed, I have an appointment Tuesday
>>
>>17366106

Having MS is not a death sentence, first of all.

How old are you?
What are you symptoms?
How long have you been having symptoms?
What's your coverage situation? Do you have insurance?
>>
>>17366117
Of course not, just feels like death.
>I'm 18
>I've been haunt seizures in my sleep, sharp stinging pain in my right leg, pain behind my eyes when I move them or blink, I've had head aches and tremors after I expercise, also have and major depression and anxiety as of recent.
>I've been having these symptoms
For a couple months
> I'm Native American so I have free Heath benefits and Heath insurance is covered by my tribal number
>>
>>17366124
Also trouble concentrating and thinking of words.
>>
>>17366124

So you're really lucky. I know it doesn't feel that way at all, but if this is MS, you really are.

A friend of mine was diagnosed 2 years ago after having symptoms for years and ignoring them because MRIs are $3000+ and she was uninsured. When she finally got diagnosed, he lesions were pretty devastating and her symptoms have pretty much turned her entire life on its ass.

But you're young. If it's MS, any lesion activity will be very minor. And what's great about having MS today as opposed to even 10 years ago is medication. They have medication that can stop lesions and relapses from happening and slow the progression significantly. They can treat your symptoms and dial back what's causing it.

And honestly, being covered is a huge blessing. I went to a few autoimmune disorder support groups with my friend and pretty much everyone there under 50, their condition is horrible but jumping through hoops to get covered and treated sounds like the biggest nightmare.

Good luck, OP. I hope everything works out for you and you start feeling better soon.
>>
>>17366139
Thank you for your reply. It really does help a lot
To hear that. So is there a lesion on my brain??
>>
>>17366147

there could be. that's one of the things they look for on the MRI, your brain and/or brainstem. like my friend's major lesions are all on her brainstem. my mom has MS too, hers are smaller and mostly on her brain. it varies.
>>
>>17366106
Im from NM too. Good luck OP.
>>
>>17366152
I understand, but is that what the Hyperintensity means on my MRI? And gooo Lobos!
>>
Any med tards?
>>
>>17366088
Ayy, I've got ms too man. There are some new studies coming out in the last couple of months that are promising, but nothing substantial for halting the spread of the disease. I feel for ya, it's a shit thing to have, but being active and engaged seems to help more than anything. My grandfather had ms for 60 years before kicking the bucket. It's not a death sentence, even if it feels like it.
>>
>>17366264
I really do appreciate your response! If u may ask, what symptoms occurred before you realized something was wrong?
>>
>>17366287
Tremors all the time, headaches daily, random shooting pains. Plus, my grandfather and uncle had it, so I decided to get tested, which just confirmed my suspicions. But being active and managing with pain meds has been fine so far. Just wait to meet with a doctor and see if you actually have it. Plenty of other things cause the symptoms you are having as well. If you do have it, it's really not as bad as it seems and catching it early is huge in managing and treating it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.