[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back rent payment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: apartment_door.jpg (181 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
apartment_door.jpg
181 KB, 1067x1600
Hey /adv/, i need your opinions / thoughts

> own apartment
> apartment is shitty
> spend money on renovations
> school / life happens
> haven't been paying rent on time
> get a notice that I'm being taken to court
> I owe about 12K in rent

Has anyone been through something similar? I don't have 12K, but I can definitely pay it off over time, how worried should I be?
>>
>>17362642
Have you got enough equity to remortgage?
>>
>>17362642
> haven't been paying rent on time
> I owe about 12K in rent
how many months did you miss to pay your fucking rent ??
>>
>>17362680
>School/life happens

He also said it's a shitty apartment so i'd guess like 2 years, costs of not paying rent is also alot
>>
>Shit happens lol XD

How do you forgot about $12k worth of rent?
>>
>>17362642
To answer the simplest question - yes, most landlords would rather have you pay it off over time than not at all, and the court or an out-of-court settlement can set that up.

If you are going to court, get lawyer. He'll be worth whatever his fee is, for getting you a good deal.
>>
Usually if it's a few months rent and you bail they wont bother due to the legal fees. But you owe fucking 12K, they will go after your ass, and they will win. Also fuck you for being such an awful tenant
>>
>>17362642
Have you missed paying rent for two years? I'm suprised you haven't been kicked out yet
>>
>>17362642
First of all you don't "own" the apartment if you still have to pay someone rent for it. And why did you spend money on renovations in lieu of paying your rent?

What the hell are you asking us? You're the one who massively fucked up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.