[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend spends a lot of time playing video games. I originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 1152282.jpg (319 KB, 1250x800) Image search: [Google]
1152282.jpg
319 KB, 1250x800
My boyfriend spends a lot of time playing video games. I originally bought this game for him so we could play together but now he just plays all day and all night long with his team and blows off our plans.

I've tried to get acquainted with his teammates but it's a "boys only" sort of club with a bunch of gamer guys. I want to continue being the cool and chill gamer girlfriend for him but it is starting to make me increasingly upset and sad. What do. Sorry for sounding whiny in advance, first world problems, I suppose.
>>
He doesn't enjoy playing with you apparently. If only I was your bf, m'lady
>>
It sounds like you have reasonable complaints. Be honest with him on how you feel and try to focus on that and don't put the blame on him. You don't want him to get defensive, but you should be able to share your feelings with him. If he can't do that, then he's not worth your time.
>>
>>17361392
offer him a interventions only 1v1, quick scopes on rust. it wont be easy but if you win he will know you are super girl gamer. trust me I'm a professional.
>>
What was the game. This will determine the response from any male anon's...
>>
File: 1238015.jpg (163 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1238015.jpg
163 KB, 600x500
>>17361419
I have, he told me it's "just a phase" and that he will get over it but it's been a few weeks. I just really miss him.

>>17361430
Lol he is better at sniping but fun suggestion, thanks.

>>17361433
Overwatch. We are both competitive players and he's ranked something like 76th in the world for Soldier76. I don't have enough time to keep up with him though because I work(he's on summer break, though)...
>>
>>17361451
Are you able to maybe somehow prove that you are better than any of his current teammates, if his team is full he will have to kick one out to let you in.
>>
>>17361451
Well when has this been lasr addressed?
>>
>>17361464
last been*
sorry bout that.
>>
Form your own group! Get güd and fuck his shit. *dorps myke*
>>
File: hambaga.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hambaga.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>17361451
> Playing overwatch competitively
kek

But seriously, I think he probably just doesn't want to lose rank, so don't play ranked. Tell him to do a few quickplay fun matches with you. Like 5 McCree, trolling people with Mei, arcade mode, etc.

If he's taking rank so seriously he can't stop for an hour or two to have [spoiler]fun[/spoiler] on the fucking video game, then he's got serious issues
>>
File: LCX4wTv.png (238 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
LCX4wTv.png
238 KB, 2000x2000
Is this Elyse from funhaus?
>>
File: 1432254829614.jpg (169 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
1432254829614.jpg
169 KB, 850x601
>>17361461
I am very good and have carried them as support and tank a few times but I do not have the time they do to practice and scrim constantly(I work full-time and average about 20 hours OT in any given week...)

>>17361493
>not playing overwatch competitively from release so you can be top tier later down the line
Well it's less about "competitive" as in matchmaking and more like informal leagues where sponsored teams are thinking about picking him up.

>>17361464
He told me three days ago that friday was date night and about two hours ago he blew me off because he got invited to scrim with a pro team.
>>
>>17361451
A "phase" until he finds a new fixation/game. Sounds like a dick... Ive known guys like that. My sis married, then divorced one. With that said, you want to hang out? You sound cool. I warn you, I havent played Overwatch. CoD has completely ruined my fps experience.
>>
Either find time to talk to him and tell him how you feel or deal with it.
He's obviously wanting to get really good if not, pro, so he's going to keep playing.
I suggest you tell him how you feel. Talk it out and reach a conclusion to this issue.

You know, be an adult and communicate.
>>
File: doggo~04.jpg (16 KB, 362x348) Image search: [Google]
doggo~04.jpg
16 KB, 362x348
>>17361556
> Trying to be pro
> At fucking overwatch
Please tell me you're fucking joking right now. Overwatch is fun as fuck, but the competitive scene is doa. Just go look Overwatch general which is full of people logging hundreds of hours and yet no one ever talks about watching competitive game play like the DOTA/LoL/CS communities. It's just too casual of a game to take seriously.
>>
>>17361392
>My boyfriend spends a lot of time playing video games.
>I originally bought this game for him so we could play together
> so we could play together

Maybe your boyfriend views video games as his personal way to unwind or take space from his life.

You admit you're sad that he wants to continue playing his hobby without you.... that seems selfish to try to weasel your way into his personal time like that. Or worse, what if that's his time with his friends? You're like that girl trying to invite herself "out with the boys."
>but i'm a cool chick!
Yeah but you're still his woman, which means you can't ever really be "that cool chick" anymore. Your relationship is... a relationship. That's the point of having a relationship.

How about you ask him and then not judge his answer and don't cry like a fucking girl if he answers honestly and you don't like the answer.
>>
File: 1360850.jpg (284 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
1360850.jpg
284 KB, 840x1200
>>17361613
It is difficult for me to try to force my will on him. If he wants to play games instead of spending time with me, logically I see no problem with it. It's just that I can't always be entirely rational and devoid of emotion. Trying hard to "give him space", y'know. Bleh.

>>17361646
We're seasoned tf2 players so we are used to disappointment and "silly" FPS games. Overwatch has a 100k tournament coming up which is more than tf2 ever had so it's a big deal to us. Hahaha.

>>17361687
I give him a lot of space. In fact, I only have about 3 hours a day where I am not sleeping or working so it is impossible that I am "weaseling my way into his personal time". Literally all he does is wake up, game, eat, and sleep and I ask for, at minimum, an hour a day to maintain our friendship and relationship. Thanks though.

>>17361607
Not much like CoD.
>>
>>17361724
I know, ive watched gameplays and.stuff, but ive been hurt too many times... So I stopped... Since CoD ghosts. I just spend time on GTA these days
>>
>>17361451
>memewatch
ITS HIGH NOON!!!
>>
My bf was like that. Guess what, he would rather play game, than spend evening with me KNOWING next time he will see me will be after 4 months! He once made me watch him play games on stream for an hour, saying, lets spend time blabla you can watch me play blabla maybe you will like - he ignored me all the time, plus he flirted with other girls ingame while I was there watching him, then he got mad at me for leaving. Really? On his birthday I got to his place while he was at work, ofc with his permission. Cleaned up his man cave, did laundry, made him nice dinner. When he came home we had dinner. I came out in sexy ass lingerie and make up said I will be waiting for him in bedroom. He said - oh wow, you look nice, but I wanna play GTAV a bit so I will come to you in like half hour okay? Seriously.. Yeah, I waited for him in his bedroom for an half hour, in corsette and stockings, full face of make up in middle of the night. He eventually dumped my ass saying he wanted to be single, because he need more time for himself, so he can have more time to play his fucking games. Well have fun, I will find a better man and you should too! #Salty
>>
>>17362111
Something tells me you're actually a man.

But if I'm going to roll with you actually being a woman, then that's a sad, sad state of affairs. The worst part is that HE dumped YOU! Better luck next time, champ, millions of fish and shit.
>>
>>17362131
Im not a man. And Im really losing to find a good guy out there. He was such an ass to me, yet he was not worst out there, theres worse than that. And Im considering dating women instead.
>>
>>17362156
>And I'm considering dating women instead
Please don't. They're very ugly for the most part. About several lesbos I've seen looked similar to Gabe fucking Newell. If not, then they look either like ubermensch or very very fat.

I mean, if you're lucky and have peeps in mind, go ahead, but that route fucking sucks.

Honestly, still go for dudes.
>>
>>17362156
Kek.
Sorry to hear about your misadventures dating a man child.
Just keep looking, not everyone is doing the same with their lives.
>>
If you want your BF to play videogames with you don't suggest a competitive multiplayer game.

It will only end up with one of you being better than the other and then both of you feeling sad because you have to play with the other person.

Try coo-op single/2 player games instead. Or if you must go with multiplayer, pick something super casual without any sorts of ranked modes or what you have.
>>
He is on summer break.
Just let him play, there is no problem in spending the only free time in the year by himself.
My GF is in the same situation plays Terraria all day long (still do the chores so no problems there) and at night we play some League or Diablo, but she still insists in playing Terraria. Not a problem, just let him a little bit. If it keeps like this AFTER the summer break you should talk to him.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.