[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does everyone see in first person like I do? Is my life just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
Does everyone see in first person like I do? Is my life just a really sophisticated computer game and I'm he only one playing... And you're all just bots??

What the fuck I'm losing it help me /adv
>>
>>17361051
A lot of people have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that every person they'll see, meet, speak to, or brush against in a subway all have lives of their own.

It's a really overwhelming concept and a lot of people don't think much of it every day. Everybody has their own set of problems, memories, hopes, dreams, family, and nightmares. It's absolutely terrifying when you think about it.
I personally have the opposite problem of you. I feel like an npc a lot of the time. My whole life feels surreal, like my decisions don't matter. No matter what I do, I'll follow the same general path.
>>
Stop. Look at the size of the universe. Realize that you are a tiny speck of nothing on a tiny speck of nothing in a galaxy that is really just a tiny speck in a universe that does not fucking care about you. You aren't your fucking khakis.
>>
Life is an experiment to filter out all the individual sentient beings that have the capabillity to fathom the fact that they are just as relevant as anyone else, or just as irrelevant as anyone else. If their psyche can handle this paradox, their conciousness is preserved for future iterations and testing. If they dont make the cut, their conciousness is deleted permanantly when they die.
>>
>>17361131
so basically, all normie fags will be delete
>>
>>17361051
>Does everyone see in first person like I do?
They've built a whole genre of video games utilizing first-person perspective. It brings in billions of dollars every year. If this didn't at least closely approximate how most people see, I'd imagine more people would be complaining about it.
>>
god i cant wait until eath 2.0 where there aren't any fucktards
>>
>>17361522
kek
>>
>>17361051
I normally feel like the main character, and experience myself this way. Sometimes I feel like a side character and there is the sensation that the focus is somewhere else, my role is done.

It's possible no one other than you actually thinks or feels anything.

Food for thought. Most game AI is deterministic, it plays out the exact same every time with the same conditions. At this point the only things that affords different outcomes is the existence of the player and their actions within this otherwise deterministic world.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.