[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can therapists give you social practice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466708845734.gif (806 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1466708845734.gif
806 KB, 320x180
Been reading a fuckton of social theory stuff lately and it all sounds great and I think I understand it but I'm wondering if a therapist of some kind can like give you scenarios to test how you respond and rate you on it

>tl;dr sports players read about sports then practice them I've read about social skills now I want to practice them before going in for real what do
>>
You 'practice' them by doing it for real
>>
>>17358514
The thing is if I fuck up I'll repel people and wont get any more tries with those given people
>>
Well, I don't think so. I was seeing a therapist for social anxiety and depression, my work forced me too, and they didn't really do anything like that. She wanted me to get out in social situations and stuff, but she wasn't grading me on it, or even analyzing it.
>>
>>17358516
Theres kind of a lot of people tho
>>
>>17358516
So do it with different people.
>>
>>17358525
>>17358527
How is that good therapy? You're depending your therapist to HELP you get out in the real world. Not just tell you to talk to people. What's the point of therapy then?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.