[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When people talk about how "attractive" somebody is,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1447648991025.jpg (208 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447648991025.jpg
208 KB, 1200x1200
When people talk about how "attractive" somebody is, are they talking only about looks or are they talking about a combination of looks and personality?

I was told the other day that I'm "fairly attractive". I don't know what the person meant by "attractive" and didn't think to ask. I know I should probably just ask them, but what do most people mean when they talk about attractiveness?
>>
>>17357905
Post a pic and if you're not too pretty (seen as attention whoring and looked down upon, hence gaining negative replies, this is fueled by jealousy and annoyance) people will tell you the truth about your looks. If you're too ugly people may lie, as well, if they're nice; ignore all extreme troll replies.
>>
>>17357905

>le attractive personality meme.
>>
File: DSC_4962.jpg (2 MB, 1437x3170) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4962.jpg
2 MB, 1437x3170
>>17357915
I'm a guy.

I am on the short side as well, if that means anything.
>>
>>17357948
Oh and sorry for the mean looking face, the sun was blinding me in that shot
>>
>>17357948
Above average, but nothing to write home about.
Would cuddle, but wouldn't chase after
>>
I'm just begun learning what this means for me these past few weeks. I've been going on several dates with the same girl for the first time in my life (21) and I'm surprisingly unsure about what I think of her.

I think attractiveness as a single property is a combination of physical and personal properties, but physical attractiveness is sort of a gateway to discovering the attractiveness of the individual's personality. As far as personality goes, I think that chemistry is the major factor. It's the feeling you get about whether this person complements who you are.

That's my ten cents. Hope it helps.
>>
>>17357957
Well, I appreciate the feedback. Anything I could do to improve my looks or should I just focus on other things about myself?
>>
>>17357948
You're definitely not ugly, you have a haircut that suites you and a good skin tone. Use chapstick so your lips aren't hard and use sunscreen to stop the spread of freckles, I think you would look best with your beard a little longer or completely off, you're at a strange length. It also doesn't hurt to do your eyebrows, through they look like they don't need much from this angle, a little off the bottom (the stuff that doesn't follow the "line" of your brow), you look OK weight-wise but I definitely suggest getting abs if you don't already have them.

All in all I think "fairly attractive" is a good descriptor for you, you're not everyones ideal but you are also not ugly.
>>
>>17357953

Quick tip: Don't apologize for every small thing in front of a woman. The woman likes to feel that you are in control.
>>
>>17357980
Haha alright, I will keep it in mind

>>17357971
Thanks, this was actually a really helpful post
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.