[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a conversation with my boss about potentially having PTSD.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 52744a4177aa0.png (63 KB, 284x310) Image search: [Google]
52744a4177aa0.png
63 KB, 284x310
I had a conversation with my boss about potentially having PTSD. I was encouraged by my workplace to pursue psychiatric care, and when I did the doctors told me I should be considering PTSD. She told upper management and I was almost fired on the spot.

Is this a normal reaction? I think it's relevant to mention I'm a woman who has never worked in the military.
>>
Its a scary word, where PTSD=potential law suit. Some people with PTSD legit snap if triggered somehow. Keep it privately with doctors only, tell everyone else its just anxiety or therapy
>>
If they had fired you, you could have sued for big bucks for discrimination.
>>
need cash dude. i like that route tho, panic attacks to hide ptsd. of course there is benzos
>>
>>17357126
i wonder if it would be a good thing to push them
>>
You shouldn't have told your work. My coworker has MS and told two of our managers so they knew. You honestly wouldn't know unless she told you, and she keeps up with the rest of us. Since she told two of our managers it got to our GM a few weeks later and her hours have been cut a lot.

It's a liability thing. Since our GM knows she has MS and if anything happens to her while at work it can fall on our company. The same is happening to you. Your higher ups know and if something happens to you while at work they face liability. They can't fire you for PTSD since you could easily sue and win if it came to that so they are passive aggressively trying to get you to quit.

Don't quit, and don't give them anything else on you to get fired.
>>
>>17357138
If you give them legitimate cause to fire you i.e. they think you are potentially a workplace hazard or you give evidence that you're going to have an episode, they can likely fire you with few repercussions. You're a dangerous head case is actually just cause to fire you.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.