[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The one that got away.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 900x600
Who is your the one that got away? What were they like? Were you in love? How did it end? Do you still think there is a chance you'll be with them again? If you could replay your last words what would they be?
>>
>>17355610
Please stop feeding the sadness. Rational people don't have a one that got away. They break up, become sad and move on. Then they find a new "the one"
thats how love works. If you still obsses over somone you left/that left you years ago something is wrong. You'll never be able to have a stable relationship if you keep clinging to the past. No one wants to be with someone who thinks their "soulmate" left them 5 years ago. I don't think any of you would date someone like that either "hey anon i would love to be your gf. Btw. My only one was a guy named anon but he left me and you're next best" seriously everyone try to move on with your lifes and don't call anyone your one that got away it only breeds more sadness.
>>
>Emily
>she was different to anyone else. Sweet but strong she was the kind of girl that would bake me a birthday cake then blow me under the dining table.
>yeah I loved her she was my first real love.
>it ended over a text message she'd been at a festival for 4 days and didn't communicate with me I got jealous and mad and ended it.
>I did for awhile we talked every now and again but then I stalked her Facebook and her profile pic was of her and her new bf. Now no chance.
>last words.. Em I'm sorry I should have been more rational I let jealousy over rule and lashed out like an asshole I'd give anything to take back that text because it only took me an hour to realise what a dick I was. I'm sorry I broke your heart, being away from you had been the worst time off my life. I miss you everything about you. But I also wish you well... I hope you finish college and chase your dreams
>>
>>17355619
You've haven't meet the one then... I don't know whether to congratulate you or pity you.
>>
>>17355610
I can start this thread off dark if you want and say my rapist. I have never had significant other but I was molested and I have missed him raping me ever since he stopped. I have a really mess sense of sexuality now and I have dark fantasies about rape and torture.
>>
>>17355627
We all have a story anon.. Happy to hear yours.
>>
>>17355619
You're an idiot.. Everyone has the one that got away it could be 30 years ago and you've lost all feelings romantically but you still know they were the one that got away.
>>
>>17355625
I've in a three year relationship with a guy i concider to be the one, he's wonderfull and hopefully we're going to spend rest of life together. But if he should leave i would not obsses over him. I've been in enough relationships to know thats what happens sometimes. I would be sad, very sad. But if he leaves me he's not the one. In my opinion "the one" is a mutual feeling, if your choosen one don't want to be with you the person is not your soulmate and are not your one and only.
>>
>>17355633
If you have no feelings and a perfect marraige how can "the one" be someone who has absolutly nothing to do with you
r happiness? The one that got away is a fantasy, because you have no fucking idea how it would have been. You just think you know how it would have been.
>>
>>17355631
Well I fucked in every hole for a period of six months when I was 12. I first I thought it was normal and he was really manipulative and very slow, the he started raping me and I hated it, then I started to love it and even asked for it. I am a fucked up man whore now who likes things a little rough. I like women to punish me, and I like to rape them.
>>
>>17355650
Anon you should really talk with someone professional about
that, it sounds deeply trumatizing
>>
>>17355610
>Were you in love?
what is love?
>>
>>17355649
??? Anyone can have a "the one" it could have been a teenage love crap story but 20 years later you still think I wonder what would have been. Obviously you have a different opinion great.. Enjoy it.
>>
>>17355620
How do you know you werent going to break up anyway. You probably would, She clearly moved on and are happy now maybe you should do the same.
>>
>>17355655
There is no hope for me Anon, I am autistic and have been in and out of the asylum. I have a therapist but I don't even know what to tell her. I am in a bubble currently, I am severely isolated and just want to be alone. I am on disability so I just kinda live a self live, I like video games and drugs. So I does things, all day, every day. It is my life and soul. I'll be ok if I can just stay high, it hurts but it doesn't have to if I remove myself from reality.
>>
>>17355659
You don't know if you have to ask
>>
>>17355661
Exactly we could have.. Who knows we could have also gone on to stay together no one will ever know it's part of the magic in having the one..
>>
>>17355660
No need to be angry. Sorry i'm saying the one doesn't exsist, but seriouslt if you wonder 20 years later about how you and your ex could have a happy life, which is probably not true because then you most likely fantasied about some other ex and how your life would have been. You see what i mean? I'm trying to tell you thats not a healthy way to live your life. You choose to live in some made up world where you and mary is together forever with five kids and a dog, while your gf and children are being left out because daddy wants to imagine how his life would be with someone else without us. It's just not a way to live.
>>
>>17355663
Aw heres a big hug from the other side of the world, hang in there! What you have to do is just be honest with your therapist! And don't do something stupid!
Eveythings gonna be okay <3
>>
>>17355668
But its a fantasy that prevents you from giving your heart fully to someone new t
That would love you as much as you love them. Your ex clearly doesnt love you the same way you love her. Why not find someone who does?
>>
She was this cool girl I randomly met and was attracted to immediately. She had long wavy blonde hair and a beautiful smile she painted for fun and even painted me a picture once. Yeah I was in love and she was too it was bliss we broke up because she wanted to move interstate she invited me but I felt she was being selfish so said no and broke up. A few months later I sent her a text and we began texting and I started to think maybe we had a chance I was even willing to move. I decided one night to confess my feelings and she sent the "I've moved on with my life text" haven't spoken since so no, no chance. Hmm last words; K I feel bad that I didn't take that opportunity when it came, I genuinely felt hurt but now I see you needed to make that move for personal choices. I'm sorry I left it too late.
>>
>>17355676
And I'll get there eventually just because I'm not there now doesn't mean I won't be it just means I'm taking my time.. It's inly been 3 months. I have every inkling it will all work out.. Let me enjoy my grief
>>
>>17355686
Ow three months, i understand how you fell, i thought it was years ago! Well wow she got a bf fast... Hope you're okay! It sucks to become single!
>>
>>17355690
It's all good I'll get there. It's just nice to ponder over the past every now and again. Today was the day I checked out her fb so it got me thinking hence to post.
>>
Please do not listen to this retard>>17355674
>here is le big hug I know what you're going through but hang in there! XD

Honestly >>17355663
just get really drunk and be honest with yourself. Write things out about yourself that you don't like and look to change them if you want
>>
>>17355698
>>17355698
Of course, how long did you date? It can be hard the first six months after a break up, hope you have some good friends! Last time i went through a break up was after ending a two year relationship with a jerk, but i felt very sad even though my ex was terrible, and i just wanted to lie down and eat.But my friends dragged me around so i could be happy, then my current bf (a guy i,ve known for almost 6 years) wrote to me and we started hanging out and after some time he moved ind with me, thats three years ago. So you just have to put yourself out there and sometimes love hits you when you're not looking for it!
>>
>>17355712
Wtf. You have no clue what i've been through so that i'm trying to be nice and help someone is not something you should feel offened by.
I know excatly how anon feels. Been in a very similar situation myself. And i made it through have some anxeity now but are almost a whole person again. And i share fucking hugs because a fucking hug can be life saving warm and comforting.
>>
>>17355610
>Who is your the one that got away?
A guy I met online.
>What were they like?
We were awkwardly alike. I never needed to explain myself with him, he understood me and knew how to handle me. He was very smart and driven. He had the best sense of humour. He was weird as fuck, ha. And he was incredibly handsome, too.
>Were you in love?
Maybe, yes.
>How did it end?
Badly.
>Do you still think there is a chance you'll be with them again?
No, and I wouldn't want it. I wish we could talk one last time to properly say goodbye, or maybe just chat once in a while to know he's doing good.
I wonder how things would have been if we lived closer and had a chance to be together for real, sometimes. I try to not indulge in this kind of thoughts, tho, and be happy with what I have. It's more a 'safe place' for bad days. I know I'll be happy without him, too.
>If you could replay your last words what would they be?
"Everything is forgiven. I'll wait for you next life and we'll go hiking and have awkward tent sex. Thank you. I love you."
>>
I never post on 4chan so forgive the format.

I met him two years ago, he has major issues with alcohol and it ruled out entire relationship. Even still yes I was in love I think he was too as he said he'd never loved anyone before me. He was a really toxic person and I lost a lot because of him he was verbally and physically abusive he was also extremely insecure and made a big deal out of small things by the end of the relationship I couldn't stand being near him but didn't want to break it off as he was suicidal finally he broke it off and I was so happy and settled within myself finally. He rang and sent abussive texts constantly most of which I ignored.. I thought he was the one on good days we were best friends and everything was perfect I guess that's what masked the bad times. No we won't get back together, he recently sent texts about growing and getting back together when it's right but I've moved on.. At first within myself but recently I've met someone I adore. I'm so happy to be able to be me and have someone who loves me for me I couldn't be happier. I hope he achieves this to I really do.
>>
>>17355610
Let's just call him Z.
>What were they like?
Mysterious, silently strong, domineering. I remembered that the first time I met him I thought "Don't fall in love with him, he is trouble."
>Were you in love?
Yes. We were the kind of power couple others get jealous of. We could enter a room and people would feel inferior just from our presence. (Not that we weren't nice, but everyone else seemed blurry in the background).
>How did it end?
Began feeling neglected when his ex (which was his best friend) came into the picture again after 1.5 years together. He would spend 5 days with her and perhaps 2 with me because she was depressed and suicidal and he wanted to help her. I agreed, as I wouldn't want him to pull me away from my friends and I trusted him wholeheartedly. His friends, my friends all began telling me he was cheating on me, so I politely confront him, asking if there was any truth in it. (This becomes our first fight despite being together for 1.5 years.) He goes on a rampage saying that "If you don't trust me, you might as well break up with me." Tell him I'm sorry and I do trust him, just wanted to work it out before it blew up to something massive. Tell him I been feeling neglected and he promises to spend more time with me, which he does for two weeks before it's back to the original state of neglect and loneliness. Eventually, (three months later), I wait for him to get home, tell him I can't be doing this anymore and I want to end it. He only say "ok" and leaves. Heard he went to a male friend, cried the whole night. Yet, two days later he was back with his ex..
>Do you still think there is a chance you'll be with them again?
No. Met him six years after our break up, we hadn't spoken a word to each other. It was stiff, the electricity, magnetism was gone. But he apologized, so I eventually got a real closure.
Wouldn't change them.
>>
File: 1460293524011.jpg (86 KB, 520x730) Image search: [Google]
1460293524011.jpg
86 KB, 520x730
>>17355610
Call her K.

>What were they like?
She was shy, quiet, timid- and yet not afraid to get dirty, not obsessed with appearance, not vapid/vain, very intelligent and sweet. Perfect mix between feminine and masculine traits.

>Were you in love?
Me yes.
Her, no.
She became my oneitus for 3 years. We were very compatible and I wanted to take it further.

She was, on paper, my best friend- I was the only real friend she had- and had promised to be so forever.

>How did it end?
She left and broke her promise. I sent her an email that said I was sorry, and didn't hear back for a long time.

On my birthday, 8 months later, she responded and said she had thought it over and decided that she couldn't come back to being my friend, and that she wished me nothing but the best and that I would do great things, that I'm very intelligent and passionate and she respected me.

>Chance
lmao

she won't come back. I forgive people when they hurt me... nobody ever forgives me.

It wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>17355627
>>17355650
>>17355663

What the absolute fuck,

This shit is heavy, I don't like to think there are people walking around this fucked up.
>>
Amber, Hannah, Alexandria, Shelby... My bad.
>>
>>17355610
Everything's been said.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.