[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel stuck and I'm not sure what to do at this point in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (112 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 580x326
I feel stuck and I'm not sure what to do at this point in my life.

I'm 23 years old. Almost 24. I still live with my parents. I would like to move out. I don't make enough money currently to move out. I currently work a part time job at a retail pet store that I'm just completely bored of. I want a new job that makes more money so I can move out and eventually go through school.

I sometimes suffer from bouts of depression but for the most part have it under control. I haven't done so well through community college thus far because of lack of interest/motivation. This past semester I failed my 2 classes I was taking because I got depressed from a break up that happened mid semester.

I live in Houston Texas. It's very hot and I can't use the AC in my room during the day because a breaker will flip and turn it off anyway. So I'm miserable when I'm at home during the day.

Basically I think it all comes down to money. If I could get enough to move out and put myself through school then I think I would be happier. I just really hate my current job and don't know what options I have when all I have is a high school diploma and a few college credits.

Then tgeres the whole social aspect of life where I have friends but sometimes I feel like unless I'm the one to contact them first then we would never talk or hang out and I only really have like 5 people I hang out with and I only really get to hang out with friends once every two weeks if I'm lucky. It makes me feel lonely and depressed sometimes.

What should I do? What job should I go for? How do I get better at talking to people? Make more friends?
>>
>>17354699
You any good with computers?
>>
>>17354928
Somewhat. Why?
>>
>>17354699
Well, if you wanna get better with talking to people, you gotta just do it. Go out there and talk to people. Go to a party or something. Find a connection between you and someone else so you have something to talk about. I highly recommend watching sports so you have something to talk about.
>>
>>17354952
IT jobs pay decently. Get an A+ cert and/or a two year IT degree and become a help desk bitch and start working your way up the IT ladder into whatever specialization you like the most.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (41 KB, 512x320) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
41 KB, 512x320
Apply to school, pick a major that gets a high paying job, and get student loans. In whatever order works best.

And Houston blows. I am sorry. Dat humidity.
>>
>>17355162
I recommend picking an area of study you like. Nursing, computer science, and engineering are standard skilled labor jobs that pay.

Apply to multiple schools. Your choice of major and GPA will trump how prestigious the college or university is.
>>
>>17355180
*get good jobs. Honestly, with a good degree and GPA, you have lots of options for jobs.
>>
You ugly.
>>
>>17354699
>I can't use the AC in my room during the day because a breaker will flip and turn it off anyway. So I'm miserable when I'm at home during the day.

Got a public library nearby? You can go chill in their AC for free during their hours.

>has job
>has friends
>attended school
Honestly, sounds like you've really got your shit together. Just work hard, look in the classifieds and see if anything pops up, shop around for jobs before settling on what seems right, build up good references. You get better at talking to people the way you get better at most things: practice. As for making friends, I don't have much experience, but maybe just try talking to the people around you: classmates, coworkers, friends of friends. See if you click with anyone and pursue that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.