[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Money without working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
I'm trying to figure out easy, petty, non-taxing tasks to make money without having a job.

So far the only amount of money I've been able to secure on a weekly basis for every single week, is 50 dollars from 2x plasma donation visits.

That leaves me with a bunch of time to try and make some more money. Ideally, I'd like to be pulling in at least 200 a week without a job.

Help me find a way to do this, please.
>>
>>17353162
Kek, I don't know what world you live in but it sure as fuck isn't the real world. Making money without working is an oxymoron. The only people who are successful in doing this are lottery winners and those who inherit their fortune. Other than that, there is no way to earn a sustainable living without getting a fucking job, you bum.
>>
>>17353162
Have things you don't want anymore? Sell them on eBay. It won't bring in $200 a week unless you get really good at it, but it's a start.
>>
>>17353469
I'd run out of stuff, and eventually need money again. That's a bad plan to start with.
>>
>>17353162
people pay you to do things they don't want to do.
people pay you in exchange for something they want.
>>
>>17353491
I get money for plasma, and it's a cake walk. I just need more things like that.
>>
>>17353497

If you are between the ages of 18 and 35, are in solid health, can provide and validate the details of your family tree back two generations, have a family history free of heart disease and genetic disorders, and are fortunate enough to have a high sperm count and have sperm with a high motility, you can sell your sperm to fertility clinics.

You'll have to agree to donate two to three times per week, for six months or more, and not to orgasm anywhere but in the clinic, and they'll be able to tell if you're cheating.

For this, you can expect to earn $50 to $200 per donation.

This is about the only thing besides plasma that you can sell for real money while putting in next to zero effort.

Given your general attitude, however, I doubt you're in good enough shape to interest a clinic in the first place.

How about not be a lazy twat? Is that an option?
>>
>>17353543
I've been working 40 hours a week since I was 17. I'm just wanting an easier way to focus on my hobbies and potentially make money off of that, but I'd like to have a small stable income in case I really do suck, and need to get a job again.

But, no I couldn't donate sperm I have a fiance.
>>
>>17353546
>Wants to make just $800 a month
>Is engaged.

Oh boy.
>>
>>17353162

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag
>>
>>17353546

I guess I am just confused why you thought there might be an effort-free way to make $200 a week.

If I worked at a store, selling food, and someone came up and asked if they really had to give me the money in order to get the food, or whether they could just have it for free, I would be no less confused than I am now, reading over your posts.

If you want an income, you will have to work, anon.

Yes, really.
>>
>>17353557
I've got a bank account with about a years worth of savings, I'm just trying to make enough to not really have to touch it at all while I focus in on my hobbies. Plus the fiance works, but we haven't talked about our financial situations together.
>>
>>17353565
I'm not saying effort free, I'm saying petty tasks that don't take much time out of the day and aren't too taxing.

Donating plasma is my prime example of this. Sit back for ~1 hour, read a book, play on my phone, watch whatever movie they have on, and then I walk out with cash 2x a week.
>>
>>17353566
>a year's worth of savings

Do you mean an amount of money in savings equal to a year's salary?
Or do you mean an amount of money equal to the amount you were able to save over the course of a year?

Because if it's the former, why on earth would you not simply invest it instead? It will not be enough to support you today, but over several decades, a year's salary would mature into an absurd amount of money.
>>
>>17353575
Equal to the amount of estimated living expenses for the year. I've never invested money before and wouldn't want to risk it. I'm a stable man, looking for a stable situation where I can still make money.
>>
>>17353568

Donating plasma is not a prime example; it is the only example.

There is no easy money. Value always trades for value. Blood and sperm have value, because we cannot synthesize them (yet). You want a way to trade a small amount of time and effort for a moderate amount of money. There are no such trades to be made.

Why don't you know this already? How old are you, anon?
>>
File: crystals.jpg (59 KB, 427x500) Image search: [Google]
crystals.jpg
59 KB, 427x500
>>17353568
> petty tasks that don't take much time out of the day and aren't too taxing.
In other words, effort free.

You could always sell amazing crystals on Ebay.
>>
>>17353595
those are some pretty cool crystals desu
>>
If you are in anyway artistically inclined, furry art. I'm serious.

Even if you aren't into it yourself.

Then again you have to be willing to be associated with that shit.
>>
>>17353162
It always end up being a job.
Find something you like, that you can do on your own, on your own time. Make and sell some kind of product.
It WILL eat up your week, might as well be something you enjoy.
>>
>>17353629
Ideally I'd like to supplement an idea like this with easy side money that doesn't consume my week, until I'm on my feet with whatever I'd be doing on my own to make money.
>>
File: 1466751074910.jpg (46 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1466751074910.jpg
46 KB, 400x300
I feel your pain OP. Lucky for me I can just work for my mom part time. She covers parts of my rent some times too, it's awesome.
>>
>>17353635
bad idea.
you're somehow surviving right now, use that to start on the main plan NOW.
it would be easier on your mind if you had some kind of safety net, but that's not how it goes nowadays.
otoh, if you start producing something, from art to crafts to whatever, you'll have easy access to a world wide market. you'll hit those missing 150 per week pretty soon.
>>
>>17353650
I'm somehow working 45+ hours a week and dealing with a fiance who works the same exact schedule as I do. So, I get no personal time to work on sometime to do on my own to make money.

She's needy for attention, and I can't focus on what I need to do when she's around.
>>
>>17353662
you know what you have to do.
she might be needy now, but women love a man's ambition, she might appreciate you getting down to business.
>>
>>17353662
>She's needy for attention, and I can't focus on what I need to do when she's around.

You've somehow found the time to chat with us on 4chan. I think you can find time to work at your hobby if you're willing to give up other things you like to do.

If not, then I think your problem is really your problem, anon. We can't help you when you're working against yourself.
>>
>>17353683
I'm at my job currently, all I do is shitpost for the most part.

The only thing I like to do is my hobby, and it's hard to get seriously into it if I only get 10 hours a week to work on it.
>>
>>17353691
>it's hard to get seriously into it if I only get 10 hours a week to work on it.

Such is life, man. Here's your option, and it's your only one: Make it work.

I know your life is full. But if you can't make your plan work on a full schedule, you wouldn't succeed on an empty schedule anyway.

I know the difficulty of what I'm suggesting, but I know what I'm talking about when I say that the difficulty is not insurmountable.

If your complaint is that it's too hard, then the best advice I can give you is to give up.
>>
>>17353705
Yeah, you're right I could take a different approach and really dial in with those 10 hours, but then it robs all the fun out of it and the reason why it's something I'm trying to do in the first place.

I'll figure it out eventually. Maybe get myself fired at some point, try and draw unemployment as long as I can, and get the ball rolling.
>>
>>17353719
>I'll figure it out eventually.

...read his epitaph.
>>
>>17353722
Hey man, I got a plan. Get fired, proceed with life goal on unemployment.
>>
>>17353203

No, there is another way. You can have an exorbitant amount of money and just allow managers to grow it for you through the power of leverage.
>>
I have a plan for this but it does require money in the first place to pull off so you know having a job or running into a large sum of money would help. so some companies when you invest in them return dividends monthly so lets say you want to make 2000 a month with a company that gives 5% dividends or whatever by my noob math skills to get 2k a month will require an initial 40000 but maybe you find a different dividend that will have a higher percentage that will yield more money per month
>>
>>17353612
Trying to make them will also kill you.

>>17353566
What are these hobbies you need to give up on being a productive member of society for? Can you sell the results of the hobby?
>>
have you considered mining for gold?
>>
>>17354544
>5% dividends or whatever

A more typical monthly return is 1-1.5%.
A "strong" monthly return is 2%.

He'd need closer to $120k-$130k invested to reliably get $2k a month in dividends, before tax.
>>
Do surveys they pay up to 600$ a week
>>
>>17354770
You're fucking lying. If you could seriously get $600 a week just from doing surveys, no one would have jobs.
>>
Sell your kidneys
>>
>>17353162
Stop being a faggot and get a job
>>
>>17353595
That's bullshit! You *never* combine bleach and ammonia
http://chemistry.about.com/od/toxicchemicals/a/Mixing-Bleach-And-Ammonia.htm
>>
If you have more than 1 thousand dollars saved somewhere, put 700 of it in btc then sell it at exactly 975 market value
>>
>>17353487
you are clearly retarded or mentally a child.

Dose the word "invest" spark any ideas?
>>
>>17353705
What are you doing with your life that you only have 10 free hours a week for your hobby? Do you already have two jobs? Do you live two hours from your job? Or are you just wasting vast amounts of time shitposting/watching Youtube videos/WoW instead of working on your hobby?

There are 168 hours in a week. Subtract out a 40 hour work week plus some commuting time, 8 hours of sleep a night, and 3-4 hours a day of eating, hygiene, working out etc and you still have around 40 hours of free time. If you can't work on your hobby with 40 hours a week, basically a full time work shift, I don't think your work ethic is going to magically improve with double that time. If your hobby can be monetized, then monetize it, and maybe if it takes off you can quit your regular job. But if you monetize your hobby, well, it's going to just become your job, one that you like but you will still have to put the hours in.

And if you can't, well, nobody is going to pay you to smoke weed on your couch and write film critiques for movies on Netflix. People pay money for either unique services/content or for things they don't want to do themselves. If there was some kind of job that you could put in 8 hours of work a week and get $200 net, then everybody would be doing that job.
>>
>>17353566
Lazy, unemployed, and mooching off SO. You sound like a real catch.
>>
>>17353162
I do transcription
I signed up at rev.com, the "interview" process took like half an hour, but if you can type and are a native english speaker it's almost free money. You could just do it when you're not doing anything (without a job, this is pretty much all the time), and you'd make like 100 dollars/week if you're already a fast typist. Then they give you a raise if you do an hour of audio, then you can qualify to get paid just grading other people's work.
Why can't you get a job, anyway?
>>
>>17359200
Not OP but $100/wk is nothing. You can't live off that.
>>
>>17359630

It doesn't matter. None of this matters.

OP is never going to devote his life to this myserious hobby, he just likes the idea that he will someday.

He won't find the time to make his hobby into a craft, because *reasons!* but really because he's lazy. Or he will quit his job and STILL not turn his hobby into his craft because *reasons!* but really because he's lazy.

OP, if you can't make the time to get it done in your normal work week (and I'm pretty sure you haven't even mentioned having kids or a serious timesink like that), your problem is you.

If you want to be an artist, you have to have a day job.
>>
>>17359666
The serious timesink I've mentioned several times, is the fiance who doesn't let me have any time to myself in the house so I don't get to touch my hobby except for the maybe 10 hours I can squeeze in when she's out of the house.

But, I do have vacation coming up. So, I think I'm going to jump start it then and see if I can get something to work.
>>
>>17359772
>The serious timesink.....is the fiance who doesn't let me have any time to myself in the house

As someone with both a 3-year old and a new baby in the house, I need to tell you: your excuse for not having the time to do your hobby is so poor that it's clear that you have no real motivation to do this thing. You like the idea that you do, but you do not.

What is your freaking hobby? What cannot be done with another person in the room or at the same table as you?
>>
>>17359914
It's not that I can't do it, it's that she wont let me.

We don't live together yet. But, she comes over after work each day, and stays the night, and goes to work in the morning.

But, she still has this mentality that she's a guest in my home, and that I need to give her my full attention when she's around.

Which she's never not.

So I can't zone out and do my thing, because it's a problem for her.
>>
>>17353162
I'm not sure man. It always requires some work. I just busk around Europe, doing something I love. So it doesn't feel like working. Maybe you should try making cash out of something you love.
>>
>>17353566
Haven't talked about money? Seriously you should NOT be getting married. Furthermore, you can work part time to make $200 a week and still focus on your hobbies
>>
>>17353722
Hahaha! Nice one
Procrastinators unite!!.........tomorrow LOL
>>
>>17353162
Deal drugs or steal items from walmart
>>
>>17354762
Dividends are never guaranteed, what happens when the company decides it needs to leverage it's cash flow? And doesn't pay dividends for some months at a time? Happens all the time, which is why it's super important to have a diversified investment portfolio, you need to Google search that. I.e. don't put all your eggs in one basket
>>
>>17359919
That sounds like living together to me, and quite frankly, if she doesn't support your need for your "me time", and you dont want to constantly wipe her emotional ass, you should not be thinking about marriage until your lives are better balanced and got careers worked out
>>
>>17353162
don't know what advice to give you anon apart from Diablo was great fun to play
>>
>>17359914
>What is the freakin hobby

This OP, seriously get to the fucking punch line already.
>>
>>17353162
Runescape gold phishing. I average 2-4k a month by setting up a phishing site and spreading it on twitch
>>
>>17358597
>Lazy, unemployed, and mooching off SO.
Basically all women in this world do this, what's your point?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.