[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 years old and have no idea what I want to do for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: damnitfeelsgoodtobeagangster.jpg (225 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
damnitfeelsgoodtobeagangster.jpg
225 KB, 1000x667
I'm 25 years old and have no idea what I want to do for a career. I only graduated from a university last year and quit my job in sales/finance mostly because I wasn't that good at it. I've never had anything I've been that interested in (or I'll just get interested quickly and lose interest quickly), except for sports which got me into school. All of my experience is in finance (and a bit of sales) and I hate finance and would hate if I had to do that for the rest of my life.

Is there any good literature that maybe helped someone figure that kind of thing out? Or does anyone have something they did that helped get them interested in something? I'm in an area that has a bunch of jobs available
>>
>>17352012

Do you have any hobbies?
>>
Stop being a faggot and learn to do things you hate so you can be comfortable later.

Go back, get a finance job, do it for 2 to 3 years, get experience and then transfer into something else that will ask for your experience. The more experience you have the more movement and flexibility you can have.
>>
>graduated from a university
>I've never had anything I've been that interested in
Well what the literal fuck did you spend the last 4 years studying?
It never occurred to you "Wow I don't like this" and to fuck off onto a different subject, as almost everybody does?
>>
>>17352020
I like working out, I like following and playing sports, but the latter mostly consists of watching TV and going on /sp/. I also like following politics a lot.

>>17352023
I'm worried that I'll have nothing else that I can do once I've been in finance for years. I'd rather get into an entry level job in something I like.

>>17352029
I wanted to get into journalism (studied communication), but after not getting into anywhere I applied I gave up (I give up a lot of times on things) and eventually just finished in the same major so I could have a degree
>>
Change your fucking major to something sports related you dumbass.
>>
>>17352050

I've already graduated. Maybe pursue something sports related? I spend a shit ton of time every day following sports. Mabe I should start writing for free or something and try to get something published on a small website or magazine
>>
>>17352046

Anon worrying won't get you anywhere, moving forward will. Use your major to get something and then use your newly found experience to transfer into something else. Network, talk to people and I am sure a new opportunity will sprout up.
>>
>>17352063
For sure, thank you. Basically just take what I can get, work hard, and then look for something else when I have experience.
>>
>>17352072

Thats it. New opportunities arise if you take the leap but it will be tough and believe me you will meet mentors, associates and even friends that will give you new pathways you thought were impossible. Grinding sucks but being in a better place then yesterday is better.
>>
Also looking for advice but just laying it out for myself

I'm 19 going to transfer to University to study EEng but I'm starting to get second thoughts on the amount of work I'm about to put into the next 40 years.

What if I really hate being a wage cuck? NEET life honestly sounds appealing if there was any way to realistically attain it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.