[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I wear jeans to a business casual interview? Button down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 0kpDwld.jpg (14 KB, 362x372) Image search: [Google]
0kpDwld.jpg
14 KB, 362x372
Can I wear jeans to a business casual interview?

Button down shirt
Jeans
Business shoes?
>>
>>17351331
Why though? A button up and slacks are custom for any interview that isn't fast food, or something higher that requires a full suit, and it's not like it's expensive.
>>
>>17351331
You can if you want, but I would suggest slacks and a Polo shirt tucked in, of course, instead though with some nice dress shoes.
>>
>>17351338
This. Jeans are not interview clothing. Jeans aren't "business casual" clothing. I know it sucks, I hate putting on anything other than a t-shirt and jeans on average too, but if you want the job, you gotta dress the part.
>>
your interview wouldn't be automatically #rekt but it's certainly a risk. Even if they tell you "business casual", it's always better safe than sorry with these things.
>>
>>17351331

Jeans aren't business casual unless stated as such.
>>
You can't afford slacks? Come on...
>>
>>17351331
For your sske, I hope the job doesn't require any measure of intelligence or judgement.
>>
>>17351331
Is it a decent job, or a shitty jig?
If decent, suit up.
If shitty, jeans are ok.
If you don't know and are in a creative/academic thing, wool pants and sportscoat.

Think about what the other interviewees will wear, do you want to stand out because you're under or overdressed?
>>
>>17351331
Fuck no. It's better to be overdressed than underdressed.
>>
>>17351331
That's a hard no.

You will be expected to wear slacks, shirt and tie. You're going to an interview, not a college date.

Grey slacks are versatile in that they can be paired with a variety of pastel shades of shirt. Black tie with a black belt and *POLISHED* black leather shoes.

Make sure the belt isn't too wide and the buckle isn't too heavy. Wants to be lightweight.
>>
I've gotten a job in jeans before, you just have to be confident and skilled enough that they don't even notice.

Safe bet is always go for the more professional clothes though.
>>
Kind of like everyone is saying, you would be better of wearing slacks. I've gotten jobs wearing a button down and jeans but do you have the resume (and is the job laid back enough) that you could get away with wearing that to the interview? Since you worried about it enough to post here, go buy some slacks and brush your hair.
>>
clothes: we all have skin underneath them
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.