[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at work (server) >flirt with some of the other servers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 586x330
>at work (server)
>flirt with some of the other servers because it makes work a little more bearable
>everyone has been stuck on thinking that another server and I have been hooking up
>nothing has happened, we just flirt at work and I'm not looking to cheat on my girlfriend
>tried to tone it down and just be friendly with each other, everyone still talks about it
>try to be completely professional, everyone still mentions it
>afraid this will get back to my girlfriend, who definitely won't understand casual flirting

What can I do, besides just finding a new job?
>>
>>17351255
Speak up and shut it down.

"Look, I/we were just goofing off. I have a gf and I don't need some bullshit rumor getting back to her. Knock it off."
>>
>>17351290

Tried it, it just ends with "It's alright man, I won't tell anyone/didn't see/know anything *wink*". I guess if I tried there really is no other solution than to find a new job.
>>
>>17351298
That's when you grab their shoulder and look them dead in the eye and tell them
"No, you will stop spreading this bullshit around. Do you understand me?"
>>
Don't wanna wag my finger at you, but the number one reason why people cheat is because they put themselves in those compromising situations. It sounds like you just regret the fact that people are gossiping about it, you fucked up way before that even happened dawg.
>>
Define "flirting"
>>
>>17351306

Yeah, this is how my girlfriend thinks. She doesn't understand casual flirting, either.
>>
File: flirting.png (9 KB, 611x201) Image search: [Google]
flirting.png
9 KB, 611x201
>>17351313
>>
>>17351324
Okay, but what exactly were you doing? Assuming you're OP
>>
>>17351335

Playful banter, extended eye contact, playful touching (above the waist, arms, shoulders, not chest, back or head)
>>
>>17351340
Aight, just listen to >>17351290 and >>17351305 then
>>
>>17351255
Ignore it. People gossip at work, that's just what they do. Even if you were just friendly to her, there's still gonna be some pot stirring shit head who's gonna say you're sleeping together.

How would your girlfriend even hear about it? Why would she believe some stranger's hearsay over you?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.