[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like my existence is a burden on the world and IDK how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Enjoy-Skooma-V2-High-Res.png (491 KB, 2000x1328) Image search: [Google]
Enjoy-Skooma-V2-High-Res.png
491 KB, 2000x1328
I feel like my existence is a burden on the world and IDK how to cope with it. I work temporary jobs, and can't work ATM since I begin my studies soon. Mother says it's okay and I shouldn't feel bad but it just feels so terrible.
Was a strict vegan too until not too long ago, recently been breaking it here and there (No meat though, dairy and eggs) and every time I do I'm filled with massive guilt.
Why is it like that? What do?

>inb4 kys
>>
Your craving for non-vegan foods is natural. It's not your fault that the meat industry is a nightmare. Also, getting an education you will use to better yourself and society (not to mention paying for it) gives back a lot.
>>
>>17350310
Thanks anon...
Like yeah, the degree I'm going to get is something that'll get me to help lots of people. But until then I can't help but feel like a complete burden IDK.
>>
>>17350285
You realize cows are in pain when they don't get milked right?

Unless it's some kind of protest against their living conditions (buy milk from companies with higher standarts) you not doing anyone any favors.
>>
>>17350285
i feel your pain but humans aren't "pure" and you just have to live with that. there is no "objectively good thing" and in someones (or some animals/living beings) eyes you might forever be a cruel horrible monster
>>
>>17350331
>2016
>not fully career trained
>not a complete burden

You'll get there, OP. Just keep up the good work and give back once you are graduated and employed.
>>
I have seizures so bad that I can't drive and may never have a functioning job again. I'm currently getting on disability. I definitely feel like a burden sometimes. However, we've all got to make the most of what we've got.

"Productivity" in terms of work is really a capitalist paradigm that can undermine one's true sense of worth. Education is definitely a way of making oneself more rich internally, but in the end (at least to me) I try to be productive by being a good friend and family member.

>Tldr you're gonna be okay
>>
>>17350594
I agree with this. You can always start giving more than you take. Right now your ambitions require that you are financially loaned and supported. That's necessary to go to school. Nobody can live without "sin", because not one person I know can juggle eating vegan by themselves, working a shitty part time, and going to school for a legitimate career that helps people. We all fall short sometimes. Your falling short still sounds like a damned good performancs desu.

Don't run on external assurance about your character, though. That's a slippery slope.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.