[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting older and older and I still couldn't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464925419566.jpg (47 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1464925419566.jpg
47 KB, 550x366
I'm getting older and older and I still couldn't get accepted into university yet. I'm 24
After what point does it become too late for me and it stops being something worth pursuing?
>>
My sister is almost 30 and doing a degree at University. Never too late.
>>
>>17349100
What do you mean you couldn't get accepted?
>>
>>17349122
Well in my country to get into university you have to like take a test, then you get ranked based on that test
So say if there are 40 openings your grades on that test have to be on the top 40 to get in

There's also places where you can just pay to go yes but they get a bad reputation and I can't really afford it
>>
Where have you been trying to go? Here's a true fact: most schools are not selective. Aim lower, do well, and you might transfer. Or just learn the skills you need and not worry about going to the "right" school. The vast majority of people don't, after all.
>>
>>17349137

oh shit I was assuming you were American like a true Amerifag. Sorry.
>>
>>17349137
Have you considered that maybe university is not for you then?
>>
>>17349156
Yes actually
But the social prospects are pretty grim if I don't go to uni at all and the jobs would have to do with stuff I'm just not good at like being an entrepreneur or a people's person and that type of thing
>>
Military an option?
>>
>>17349222
>I got trips of truth
OP uni was never something I'd be able to afford, but I'm living pretty comfortable now. Unless there is something which would prevent you from joining I'd advise at least seeing a recruiter.
>>
>>17349100
Your problem is not your age - a LOT of people start university in their 20s or 30s - but in your grades. Does your country have the equivalent of USA community colleges or UK sixth form schools? Someplace you can go for a year or two to pull up your test scores for uni?
>>
80 is prob too late
>>
>>17349448
We have preparatory school that aim to teach you just exactly what is going to be on the tests. Just 2 or 3 hours a day, most kids do it simultaneously with their normal schooling
I'm considering them actually
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.