[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Not Long for This World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: My_Dog.jpg (425 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
My_Dog.jpg
425 KB, 1024x768
How do you approach the death of your dog, /adv/? He's around 10 years old now -- a lab-mut. My family got him when I was around 13, which was for me a time when I wanted a pet, and also a time when I couldn't appreciate having one. I played with him a lot, but not enough in retrospect, being tied to video games or out with my friends, and obligations related to him were delegated to my parents instead of me.

I can already tell that I am going to regret that, and that I would never want to have a pet that I couldn't and wouldn't be able and willing to sink time into.

He has a litany of health problems and doesn't move around much anymore, and seems to be going blind as well. We can't give him treats or else he'll balloon in size, and it took a while to make sure his weight started to drop.

Pic related: long before his poor health.
>>
How do I approach death? With dignity. Have your dog put down.End its suffering.
>>
Have your dog put down now and only leave yourself with good memories. Dragging out a long, slow, painful death over the years is shitty. A painless, quick death in the arms of a loved one gives you closure and some shred of dignity.

Do not leave the room when they do it. They look for you when you leave.
>>
Take your pupper to the vet and get a check up.

If he's suffering then put him down, if not just make him as comfy as possible.
>>
>>17347586
>>17347626

He doesn't seem to be suffering yet, but it doesn't seem far off. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a better way to approach it since I don't think he's ready to be put down just yet. Either way, it's not entirely my call since I have to consider what my parents are thinking.

>>17347642

Each time he goes to the vet he comes back with a new problem or infection; it's ironic and shitty.
>>
>>17347580
>dog dies
>cry and drink excessively for a weekend and punch a few holes in the wall
>repair holes and move on
>>
>>17347626
>They look for you when you leave
F-fuck
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.