[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a HEALTHY way to lose 15-20 lbs of fat in a month and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1465771566881.jpg (42 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
1465771566881.jpg
42 KB, 595x720
is there a HEALTHY way to lose 15-20 lbs of fat in a month and a half?
im dieting and excercising but results are incredibly slow and inconsistent
>>
>>17346965

they say losing 1 pound of week is ideal, but this is simply a guideline. mathematically speaking you are asking to lose a pound every two days.

there is 3,500 calories in a pound of fat.
on average humans eat 2000 calories a day. so if you ate only two hundred and fifty calories a day, you would supposedly lose that weight. except your body would likely be in starvation mode.

the thing about weight loss though is there are lots of way to do things. people get idfferent results and our bodies really are different. not to the degree that tumblr would have you believe, but it is.

for some reason, eating low to no carbs have been shown to be more effective with weight loss specifically in the gut.

weight loss, when started, tends to drop a LOT at first, and then slow down cuz of the way our bodies work. so you could easily lose ten pounds in two weeks, then suddenly only lose one pound a week.

we lose water weight, poop weight, fat, how much food is just in our gut at the weigh in, etc.

to be honest, what you want is to look better. your weight is not a number on your forehead, so saying ' I NEED TO LOSE 16 POUNDS' means nothing. when i realized id put on weight a few weeks ago, i didnt even bother weighing myself. what did it matter? if i lose ten pounds on my ass id look even worse than i do now if my gut stayed. so stop worrying about the number and worry about what you are burning.
>>
>>17346965
>>17346983

first and foremost, if you want to eat at a major decifit, (more than 500 calories) make sure you are taking vitamins. your body is less likely to enter starvation mode if its getting all the nutrients it needs.

dont be afraid to eat... vegetables. a carrot has 25 calories. keeps you satisfied til the next carrot.

cardio helps you burn even more calories. 105 calories per mile you burn. i could run a mile in seven minutes, so i could burn 850 an hour if i ran for an hour.

for best results, find a calculator that tracks how much you weigh, your height, how long it took you to run the mile, etc. and calculate that way. cross reference with say, a treadmill at your gym that claims to count the calories burnt.

but ultimately, if you can lose one pound a week for six weeks, you'll have reached half way to your goal, and whatever ur doing in six weeks you can say 'I LOST SIX POUNDS' and know that in six more weeks you'll have lost the other six. probably more than six with how much we lose when we start.
>>
>>17346965
No there is not. But you can lose a lot. Eat three times a day in small amounts so that you almost starve every time you start eating and when you are done you shoudn't be full.

Don't fall for the exercise meme since people tend to eat more when they do it and if they don't they feel like shit and they just give up. Also you metabolism slows down and you don't burn that much calories anyway.
>>
Look you can eat what ever you want just portion yourself and count calories download the app my fitnesspal I just started my diet 2weeks ago I work out 30 min a day and I've lost 2pounda withinnthose 2weeks drink a lot of water also.
I went from 209 to 207
>>
>>17347073
well i have a job that involves constant walking for long spans. i think this has started to affect my weight loss in a bad way because im burning too much and not eating enough.
>>
Try eating more love if not a full mean a snack or water.
>>
Or protine drinks I use them as a meal replacement sometimes. Not that slim fast shit though
>>
File: 1468176706791.jpg (96 KB, 862x880) Image search: [Google]
1468176706791.jpg
96 KB, 862x880
are there meals/food which i can buy in bulk that are well-rounded in terms of nutrition? shit i could eat everyday. i barely have to time to cook and plan meals but i really want to eat right
>>
>>17347154

vegetables. just buy vegetables. vegetables have all the nurtition you need and are cheap.

5 pound bag of carrots cost 2 dollars... in west hollywood los angeles california.

get asparagus, brocoli, greenbeans, what have you. its okay to buy frozen and just steam em the night before them put em in a bowl to carry around.

but if ur dedicated toe ating healthy buying fresh veg and actually eating them should result in virtually none going bad
>>
>>17346965
Don't know about 15-20 lbs but I skip breakfast and lunch, not eating until 4 PM or later. No fried foods, limiting carbs, but things like burritos are ok. No alcohol and try to limit sugar. Basically calories in and calories out.
>>
>>17346983
>>17346999

Starvation mode is a myth. It comes from a study where men were literally starved, and it found that when the guys were pretty much skin and bones they stopped losing weight because there was nothing more to lose. Does not apply to people with fat on them.
>>
>>17347292
Further example: if a fat guy gets stuck on a deserted island, he doesn't just stop losing weight after a month or two of 250 calories. That's ridiculous. He'll continue to lose weight as his body is burning more than he's getting in, until there isn't more to lose.
>>
Patience and persistance is everything. There is no simple, quick fix unless you go under the Knife.
>>
women tend to lose weight slower than men, they require more extremes in limiting food and increasing physical energy.
>>
>>17347154

Protein shakes or meal replacement drinks come in handy for on the go. They're pricey and not overly filling, but it gets you through till you have time to prepare a meal.
>>
>>17347154
Frozen dinners or meal replacement shakes are great if you don't have time.
>>
>>17347154
buy Lean Cuisine tv dinners. I've heard that they have a site where you can put in how much you want to lose and they will tell you what to eat.
>>
>>17346965
Use myfitnesspal and keep your calories at 1200. Make sure you hit macro and micronutrient goals every day.
>>
>>17346965
Yes actually. 3lbs a week is pushing it but still healthy. Just keep it up and in a month and a half you'll be fine.
>>
>>17346965
This is a dangerous inquiry, anon. Crash diets are almost always unhealthy. Generally, cut out the whites. The bread, potatoes, pasta, sugar, and salt. Lose the carbs, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables.

More importantly, why do you "need" to lose the weight? Are you man or woman? How tall? How old? What do you weigh now?
>>
>no one explicitly mentioning resistance training

Have fun torturing yourself and losing any progress you make almost instantly with one month of irregular diet/lifestyle changes. Having muscle mass gives you a long term weight loss foundation, whereas simply dieting (in likely a retarded, unsustainable fashion) is like stacking jenga bricks end to end straight into the air.
>>
>>17347088
What's your question exactly? Are you trying to maintain muscle and burn fat? Protein, weights, and a calorie deficit.

Are you just trying to lose 20 pounds? Do a major calorie deficit

But your weight loss will include losing muscle regardless, though it'll be more if you just stop eating/exercise. We're built to store fat.

Fucking read the /fit/ stick faggot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.