[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I doing wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I am a poor fag wage slave, I know I'll be one for the rest of my life, but I want to at least be able to keep a job that I can pay my bills with and move out of this motel room on. Every time I get a decent paying (decent is relative, $10 an hour is a good one for me), I am often one of the first ones laid off.

I work hard, show up every day, don't give lip, never late, and I am a fast learner. I am also able to work without being supervised since I don't fuck around. What am I doing wrong? I would like to land an office job and get off the factory floor.
>>
>>17346631
Don't you have friends? Just network
>>
>>17346636

Most of my friends are in a similar boat.
>>
>>17346631
You probably have some negative factor you are not aware of. I recommend asking friend or coworkers for honest criticism.
>>
>>17346641
Sounds like you need friends or better networking skills
>>
>>17346643
I asked my boss about that a week ago, he said that I am one of the best people he's had. Of course he could have been stretching the truth.
>>
Try finding temp work. You'll be taken on a bus or a van to a nice (usually easy labor job) on a livable wage.

If you find something you like, the places are obviously looking for workers; so you'll 75% be hired unless you're a dork that can't do caveman jobs.
>>
File: A1y6ecOAs1L._SL1500_.jpg (522 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
A1y6ecOAs1L._SL1500_.jpg
522 KB, 1500x1500
>>17346652
Thats just it, I am tired of doing caveman jobs. I am 35 years old, been living in and out of motel rooms since I was 23, doing temp jobs. They lied to us that success comes to those who work hard.
>>
>>17346659
LOL you believed that and you are 35? Man, you should of figured that a long time ago.
>>
>>17346659
Why not try something similar? Train to be a fireman or a police officer.

The training is hard, but there's a reason they all end up fat in the end.

You'll be paid much more, it's rewarding and you'll be put into social situations to expand your horizons.
>>
File: Sad+but+true_c50493_5355368.jpg (36 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
Sad+but+true_c50493_5355368.jpg
36 KB, 600x412
>>17346701
I am homeless technically, also aren't I too old to go to the academy?
>>
>>17347042
No you're not too old and if you end up in training what does being homeless matter?

You sound like you have a lot of excuses to not step out of your comfort zone of having little to nothing to be proud of.
>>
Craigslist has a lot of office jobs I been on minr for about a month 10/hr
>>
I'd like to be able to find a steady job so I can put my roots somewhere. Being homeless and walking all over southern Michigan for the past 12 years will make you wana do that before making any big decisions.
>>
>>17347095

what requirements do they usually look for?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.