[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Industrial engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Is Industrial engineering a good career? I don't know what I want to study or do with my life, I don't even have any dreams, all I do is just what my parents tell me and at this point, i'm being really tired of life, it just seems so monotonous to me.
>>
>>17342779
How old are you op?
Are you an Amerifat?

Instead of going to an university to study something you may not like, why not try going the skilled trades way?
>>
>>17342779
The question is : Do you want to do it ? Have you looked over the courses you will have to attend?
At my uni the industrials have hard life as i have heard. Europe point of view here.
>>
>>17342779
I'm finishing my BaSc in industrial engineering right now (thesis is done any time now). I didn't know what I wanted either, I did half a year of mechanical engineering before I started this study because friends did that, my dad done it, and I guess it seemed the most interesting of all. After that I still didn't know so I picked "Industrial engineering & management" (I live in The Netherlands).

The study is ok if you don't know what you want to do I guess, since it's a bit of everything. Jobs are also not hard to find if you are done with it; here in NL it is one of the best paying bachelor degrees on average. And since it's so diverse, you can still steer your career towards a direction somewhat.

Did I like it? Not really, but I doubt I would like anything that isn't some fake liberal study.
>>
>>17342779
pick something STEM and go for it. most good engineering schools don't let you specialize until your second or third year anyway, so you'll get an idea of coursework and can pick from there. if you wanna be an engineer, enroll as an industrial engineer. you'll have to take some classes related to other things anyway, so if any of those interest you, just switch (assuming you do a good job of keeping your gpa up)
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.