[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I'm not good with words, but here is the problem.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: notenufffeels.jpg (7 KB, 136x200) Image search: [Google]
notenufffeels.jpg
7 KB, 136x200
Hi /adv/, I'm not good with words, but here is the problem.
My Dad has a severe paranoid issue, he thinks my Mom is posoining him even when they live sepparate, I cannot convince him this is not happening, I tried helping him to see its not real but it doesn't work, even when everything is locked he is convinced there are tubes comming from the walls or whatever and they throw poison at him, now he says if my Mom doesn't stop there will be sever consecuences, I talked to him until I was exausted, nothing works, he only trusts in my and his sister, I'm pretty much alone on this, I called a psychiatrist, and I have to bring him there or get the psy to our house, but I'm afraid he will not trust me anymore and he'll be alone for ever, he had some suicidal thoughts, I'm really lost here, even with a normal doctor is very had to take him there and make him take his medication, I don't even think I can afford taking him to a care house.
how do I get him to the psy and make him take his meds, without losing his trust?

sorry if its not clear, English is not my first tongue.
>>
>>17341146
Depending on your local laws you can possibly get him forcibly committed since he seems to be a danger to others. Sounds like he needs to be medicated, how old is he? Can you get guardianship over him?

Don't worry about gaining the trust of people with severe mental problems and delusions. It's more important to help him immediately rather than have his love and trust. If he can be restored to sanity then you can worry about that shit, right now he sounds fucking insane.
>>
>>17341146
>>17341181
local laws don't allow that unless he does something fucked up, he is 68, he has a small business and won't leave that until he draws his last breath, I don't think I can get the guardianship, thanks for your advice
>>
>>17341181
also he is the owner of 3 houses, which my mom wont shut the fuck up about, that is also part of the issue
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.